Thread: FV-1 body question

FV-1 body question

Does anybody have a picture of the body front without the pick guard? I am going to be building one as my next project and the control cavities will be moved to the back and the front flush filled with some kind of wood. I just want to plan for the work I am going to be doing.

I do not plan on staining this. It will be painted with something over the top and very bright.

Hi
    first photos in this link shows the front without pickguard

https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ead.php?t=4219
    Tony

Thanks for the pics. That's not too big of a cavity I'll have to cover. I might move the input jack too. With the paint I have planned I really want an uncluttered top.

I might even switch to a single pickup with single volume.

You could probably custom order a kit with routing for the control cavity on the back, and no hole for the jack. If I understand it correctly the "go to" shape for custom control layouts is very similar (if not the same) as the standard AG kit routing. Then you would have a flush face and could drill holes for the controls and socket wherever suits.

I did not think of ordering anything custom. I'm going with a single pickup and volume. I'll have the input Jack hidden somewhere on the back.