Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: July GOTM

god that is a great finish

Sorry - missed closing the comp for the month - judges start your engines and we'll kick off a new comp shortly.

3. Liked by: DarkMatterResist

Sorry for the lateness - I know some have been hanging out for the results so I'll not keep you too much longer - the comments first though...

1. Skynet's TLB-4MF -
    A flawless paint job and finish. Extra points for upgraded pickups.
    Lacks a personal touch but the overall quality is very good for a standard TL.
    I am in love with this bass. Great job. Love the colour and the quality of the finish.
    What an amazing colour choice and quality finish, can’t fault it. This would be a welcome addition to any serious bass collection.
    Dead keen to build one of these – and yours only makes me jealous – looks awesome and must be great to play. Only thing I’d have liked to see is a personalised logo or something owning the bass!

2. RagingBull's TL-1HA -
    Great oil finish on lovely grained ash body. Good selection of finish to highlight the grain.
    Shawbuckers and finish on this TL make it stand out from the crowd
    Good job. I feel the knobs are too close together to be usable, but as long as it works for you.
    Oh yeah!! Timeless classic with a superb finish which lets the grain speak for itself. I want!
    Elegant and lovely use of the grain – nice consistent colour and love the simplicity of the overall look. Beautiful job!

3. KiMT's AST-1qb -
    Great inspiration and planning have been displayed with this guitar. Just hope it doesn’t wriggle when the sun goes down.
    Workmanship is excellent and well thought out
    The extras added to this guitar and the attention to detail is sure attract attention at a gig or on stage.
    Such an original idea. Almost executed to perfection.
    An incredible build; so original and dynamic. Well down for creating such a unique guitar.
    While the snakeskin’s not my thing – I can see that it’s been done beautifully and really matches with the overall look of this guitar. Love the redesigned pickguard to maximise the overall effect. Beautifully done.
    Looks almost shop ready – just needs the tags – love the finish and overall effect – the colours have come out stunning and all fit together nicely. Great job.

4. Royami's GST-1 -
    The spectacular American Ash grain has been very nicely highlighted and goes well with the Jatoba grain in the fretboard.
    Royami has overcome some significant issues which always feel worse when it is a first build.
    Absolutely love this finish and guitar. Amazing job. I’m envious.
    Wow! Stunning! Professional level finish, great choice of stain, cannot find a single fault. Who wouldn’t want to own this.

5. Steve200's IB-5 -
    This is a unique finish for a first build. I think there is some other experience there that has been applied very successfully to this guitar. There may even be some tricks employed we have not seen at PitBull before.
    I’m sure we will see Steve and his son on again.
    This guitar will certainly stand out in in the crowd ( code for “attract the girls”).
    The colour transition is done really well. Love it.
    Oh man, this is so cool. Another totally unique look this month. Congrats on creating such a distinctive bass.
    This has turned out stunning – beautiful work and not something I’ve seen yet on the forum. Extra marks for that! As above – would have loved to see a logo or something to own the build.

6. Jhuntsman's TB-4 -
    Nicely finished bright cherry red.
    The shaped headstock goes nicely with the flow of the guitar lines.
    Impressive job. I might have gone for a solid colour for the back of the neck.
    Seeing some really professional finishes this month, this TB-4 included. Faultless and stunning. Well done
    Screams play me – would be one I’d head to in a shop – so love it. Great work…

7. Stansby'40's TL-12F -
    A unique guitar that has been nicely oil finished to highlight the flame cap and ash body grain.
    Well done. The natural finish works well.
    Another amazing finish. Looks sensational and would love to add this to my Tele collection. Great work!
    Finish has turned out beautifully – and all comes together nicely – only struggle for me is the headstock – but – not sure what you could do with it – then again – the more I look, the more it fits in…

8. DarkMatterResist's DHB-5 -
    A highly customised guitar that sure makes you look again to see what you have missed.
    Custom knobs, scratchplate, knobs, tuning key knobs etc etc. All very tastefully done making the guitar a real eye catcher.
    Good selection of wood finish and french polishing to bring the most out of a basswood body
    Displays an external skill that has been applied to guitar building.
    Great customisation. The intonation looks weird, but you say it’s right, so I’ll accept that.
    Another distinctive build. Well done on thinking outside the box and making this DHB-5 Kit your own.
    Love the custom parts in this – has really made this bass stand out.

And runner up(s)!

This month - two couldn't be split by our panel of judges - so congratulations to Steve200's IB-5 and DarkMatterResist's DHB-5

And the winner -Royami's GST-1 - congratulations in a field that was close enough you could throw a sheet of toilet paper over it, with quite a few stunning builds...

Beautiful work. A worthy win. Still drooling.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Another month, another batch of amazing builds. Congratulations to the winners!

Wow thanks guys! Really didn't expect to win this month with some other epic builds. Can't wait to get the next build under way!
    Cheers! 🤟
    Build #1 : GST - 1 (July GOTM Winner)https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ad.php?t=10444

Brilliant build guys, love them
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed