Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I can't post photos anymore, advice please

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    I go back and forth between the two all day. I use FF for most things at work and Chrome for everything else. I am used to the differences, but if you're not I can see the issue. So, let's see... You've rebooted. You've flushed the history/chache/cookies. You've reinstalled. Have you jiggled the cables on the back of the box? That's about all the IT training I have left...
    You forgot 'turn it off and then turn it back on again'.

cheers, Mark.

Have you jiggled the cables on the back of the box? That's about all the IT training I have left...
    Hah!!! We must have gone to the same technical college!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I am almost certain it is an issue with the latest Chrome build. I have seen this before from time to time. Some websites stop working with a certain browser for a version or two, and then it gets fixed. It's usually either a problem with the Javascript engine, or the CSS support. Both are complex standards with lots of different versions. Almost no browser is 100% compatible with the full standards, and the compatibility they do have is a bit of a moving target.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Hi mate, I've been having a read of your post and a fiddle in Chrome which I also use. I've been using the same process as you since starting my build diary a few weeks back.

So two questions:
    1. Can you confirm that the image file is displaying next to the "Choose file" button before you click Upload File(s)?
    2. You mentioned that your files were in jpeg format. Have you tried saving them as jpg/png/gif to test?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uploader1.PNG 
Views:	151 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	35895

If these two can be ruled out as contributing factors, then I suspect it's a Chrome setting. Might be worth checking the notification to the right of the address bar for any odd looking icons (eg: popup blocker etc)

Let me know if anything obvious turns up. I can screenshot my current Settings if you like and then you can compare them to yours.

I have posted photos in a build and all that comes up when i look at the forum is " Attached Thumbnails " but no actual photos shown, what am i doing wrong ?

In my settings i have ticked the display images.

Thanks

I've been using Google Chrome for years and suddenly uploading photo's here didn't work anymore.

Solution: I use 'Opera' instead.

cheers, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye29 View Post
    I have posted photos in a build and all that comes up when i look at the forum is " Attached Thumbnails " but no actual photos shown, what am i doing wrong ?

In my settings i have ticked the display images.

Thanks
    What process are you going through to display the photos? I've never worked out how the thumbnail thing comes up. My pics uploaded to the forum just post.

I have the same problem since a few days. Chrome on mac.

I try to work around it by:
    - Go to advanced reply, upload first image.
    - Preview post
    - Upload next image
    - preview post
    - upload next image

and so on...

Tedious but works most of the time.
    I don't know what I'm doing but I hope I will end up with a guitar

Sorry, I haven't been back to this post in a while.
    FWIW, I still can't embed photos using Chrome. Even with a re-install and at least one update since, still isn't working like it used to.

Firefox works fine. I do like FF and was a loyal user for years until they got a bit boggy, then switched to Chrome.
    May have to switch back as FF has improved since I gave it away.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Me to, chrome does not work, Edge works for me.
    #1 LP1-SS
    #2 Non PB Vintage Strat Rebuild
    #3 TL1 - Custom
    #4 ES-12G (now converted to ES-1)
    #5 RC4
    #6 STA-1HT
    #7 Non PB 52 Tele replica
    #8 Coming Soon: 1970's Japanese Les Paul Special Resto.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2