Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Phrozin back to work

I've got a bit more done on the SG, I've got the blue flake done I've mixed up a fairly thin medium and put 4 cotes of the flake and I've put it over a Black base its a fairly large flake at .008 mix ratio is 100g to 1lt unthinned medium, I'm going to put 3-4 Coates of Candy blue over it and 6-8 coats of clear, it's raining here so might be a few days before I shoot the candy and clear then sand with 800 and 2 coats fairly thin clear, I'm going to do this one in all lacquer, without clear it's not much to look at and a fair bit of work to do on it. While it's raining ill cut and polish the candy red tele

Last edited by phrozin; 13-06-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Oh man. It is good to see your work back on the forum.
    It is soooooooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheer soliSam 🤗

Started polishing the telecaster coming up ok, I have been slack supercheap have 1000grit, 2000grit and 3000grit wet&dry sanding disks in 125mm and 150mm there not on the web site I have been using them on the telecaster before you use them get a soft pad for your sander so you don't go through the paint

[

For those who don't know what a soft pad is its this, has Velcro on both sides there about $10 I have a 125mm and a 150mm random orbit Sanders both work great also gives you a nice and flat Surface to polish, the pads come in 5mm up to 13mm I use a 10mm

Last edited by phrozin; 15-06-2020 at 02:47 AM.

Finished the telecaster polish and assembly pretty much run of the mill candy apple red the neck I used a weak rit dye yellow

Took a coup ok e if hours to polish it no strings on yet as only have the crap Chinese crap ones

5. Liked by: Cliff Rogers

The SG I got 2 coats of blue pearl on and only got to put a couple of coats of Candy blue we had a 90% humidity today so it was a nightmare to paint going to be fine tomorrow so I might be able to finish it, fir those who don't know if you spray paint with that much humidity the paint goes frosted as it traps the moisture in the air

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Great work man. I've rescued a couple of cloudy bits by immediatley hitting them with a hair dryer as soon as I notice them.

Doesn't always work, but can help sometimes.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Great work man. I've rescued a couple of cloudy bits by immediatley hitting them with a hair dryer as soon as I notice them.

Doesn't always work, but can help sometimes.
    Hey phil I used the hairdryer 1st but paint got inside it and caught fire lol, lucky the misses didn't use it, I would have got Ar#s kicked if it caught fire while she was using it, I went got a cheap ozito heat gun which you can turn it right down, got her a new hairdryer, it was ok today I here got the candy blue done and a few coats of clear but raining for next 3 day which is ok got my 6 monthly scans friday

―-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------―------------

Started another one its hollow body with quilted front bit like the GR-1 so far just started grain filling it will be doing a lot more work done on it over the weekend

Last edited by phrozin; 18-06-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4