Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recently bought a new bit of gear for my home studio room.

Recently bought a new bit of gear for my home studio room.

Hey Everyone,

Firstly, if anyone is getting a little worried about me, I'm okay.

Secondly, I recently bought myself a new bit of gear for my home music studio, it's a second-hand Ableton Push, ok so what's an Ableton Push?, it's a midi controller that's specially designed to work seamlessly with Ableton Live, it lets you concentrate on making music rather than staring at a computer monitor, here's a pic of my Ableton Push:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ableton Push_Resized.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	35149

Perfect score. You won't regret that purchase mate. Push one is less overwhelming than Push2 and something you can always upgrade to. Editing waveforms is better done on the bugger screen I rekon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Perfect score. You won't regret that purchase mate. Push one is less overwhelming than Push2 and something you can always upgrade to. Editing waveforms is better done on the bugger screen I rekon.

A mate of mine reckons they retailed in Australia for Au$2000.00 when they were first released, I got mine for only Au$350.00 so it was a bargain, just need to learn how to use it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    A mate of mine reckons they retailed in Australia for Au$2000.00 when they were first released, I got mine for only Au$350.00 so it was a bargain, just need to learn how to use it now.
    This time next week, you'll be all over it. Easy and as intuitive as Ableton itself

This time next week, you'll be all over it. Easy and as intuitive as Ableton itself

I do find Ableton Live an easy Daw to work with, most of my old tracks were made in FL Studio, but I've sort-of been getting a little tired of it, so I thought it would be good to take a break from FL Studio for a while and try making some new tracks in Ableton Live, Ableton are offering an upgrade for Live 10 Lite to Live 10 standard for only Au$160, but the offer is only valid for this month, seriously thinking of getting the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    I do find Ableton Live an easy Daw to work with, most of my old tracks were made in FL Studio, but I've sort-of been getting a little tired of it, so I thought it would be good to take a break from FL Studio for a while and try making some new tracks in Ableton Live, Ableton are offering an upgrade for Live 10 Lite to Live 10 standard for only Au$160, but the offer is only valid for this month, seriously thinking of getting the upgrade.
    That's totally worth it. You'll find you won't need to keep going DAW shopping once you get into what Ableton has to offer.

That's totally worth it. You'll find you won't need to keep going DAW shopping once you get into what Ableton has to offer.

What I like most about Ableton Live is it's really good beat-matching, making beats on the Ableton Push is pretty easy, it makes music-making a lot more fun.

I also bought myself a second-hand Akai MPK 49 midi controller keyboard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Have you also bought a baseball cap with the peak at the back?
    Lol, nah, don't think I'll go that far, although I was sorely tempted, I could have gone with the Liam Howlett (The Prodigy) look, to boost my artistic integrity, but I digress....lol.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 17-05-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast