Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My breadboard rig

Quote Originally Posted by jugglindan View Post
    Sounds cool. I have decided to build one of these. It's a very simple signal injector and audio probe on a single board. Not as handy as a scope, but still useful. I just need to check some datasheets to see which transistor I can sub. I don't have any BC547s on hand. I do have some other NPN small signal transistors (S8050 and others) that should work. Maybe breadboarding and some suck it and see engineering will be faster than reading datasheets

You could substitute a BC548, BC549, or even a 2N3904 or 2N2222 (might have a different pinout though), for the BC547, and they should all work fine, since they are all NPN types.

A BC107, BC108, or BC109, should also work fine as a substitute for a BC547.

I just checked-out the link you posted and I think that's a great little bit of test gear, looks easy enough to build.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 16-06-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Just got my two new 10:1 100Mhz Scope probes home from the shops, I also bought a new 2m IEC lead for my scope while I was at it.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in me doing a mini-tutorial on Oscilloscopes and how to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in me doing a mini-tutorial on Oscilloscopes and how to use them?
    Yes! That'd be great
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Yes! That'd be great

No worries, I'll start a new thread about it in the DIY Pedals section then, I'm going to be using my 20Mhz Dual-Trace scope for demonstration purposes in the new thread, which will include some screenshots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2