Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1rst guitar pyrography (fr)

Mentor
    The saddles look too high to me. I would lower them.

Here is the guide from Fender on how they set up a Telecaster - https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us/...itar-properly-

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Merci pour vos réponses

J'ai limer le sillet de tête d'un bon millimètre, redescendu l'action des cordes au niveau du pontet, et même changer les cordes et rajouter les petites pièces sur la tête afin de descendre les cordes vers les clés, pourtant quelque frizz dans les cordes graves et la corde de SOL qui frizz a vide alors qu'elle n'a pas l'air de toucher quoi que ce soit.... :/

une idée ?

Thank you for your answers

I file the head nut of a good millimeter, lowered the action of the strings at the bridge, and even change the strings and add the small parts on the head in order to lower the strings towards the keys, however some frizz in the low strings and the G string which has an empty frizz when it doesn't seem to touch anything ....: /

an idea ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	action cordes.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	276.0 KB 
ID:	35239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sillet.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	325.3 KB 
ID:	35240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pontet.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	372.5 KB 
ID:	35241
    Last edited by qetn; 23-05-2020 at 03:18 AM.

J'ai aussi une autre question, lorsque je règle l'intonation, E a vide = E en 12eme frette ainsi que son harmonique, régler parfaitement.
    cependant en haut de manche, lorsque je suis sur la première case par exemple, l'accordeur affiche un F très haut, limite F#...
    Plus je descend sur le manche, plus le problème s'estompe mais le haut du manche manque cruellement de justesse...
    est ce que je peut y faire quelque choses ?

I also have another question, when I adjust the intonation, E empty = E in 12th fret as well as its harmonic, adjust perfectly.
    however at the top of the neck, when I'm on the first fret for example, the tuner displays a very high F, limit F # ...
    When I descend on the handle, the problem fades but the top of the handle is sorely lacking in accuracy ...
    can i do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by qetn View Post
    Bonjour, je sais pas si il y a beaucoup de français sur ce forum mais je tente le coup quand même ^^
    Je me lance dans mon premier montage de guitare avec un kit pitbull telecaster pour commencer, cela me semblait plus simple pour une première, et assez symbolique du même coup
    Cette période de confinement m'ayant fait sauté le pas....
    Bref après un mois et demi de personnalisation je viens de passer au vernissage (transparent pour ma part) j'ai trouver un vernis Nitorlack spécial guitare qui m'a l'air d'avoir un rendu plutôt convenable a mes attentes.
    pour demain j'applique la 3eme couche (je compte en mettre 4 ou 5 suivant contenance)
    et ainsi vais pouvoir attaquer le montage.

Comme c'est ma première fois, si vous avez quelques conseil, je suis preneur
    Des choses à ne pas oublier ? des erreurs à ne pas faire ?

bref, voici les premiers résultats de ma Telecastor :
    n'hésitez pas a me donner vos avis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google traduction (sorry for my bad english)

Hello, I don't know if there are a lot of French on this forum but I try it anyway ^^
    I start my first guitar montage with a pitbull telecaster kit to start, it seemed simpler for a first, and quite symbolic at the same time
    This period of confinement having taken me the step ...
    In short after a month and a half of customization I just went to the varnishing (transparent for my part) I find a special Nitorlack guitar varnish which I seem to have rendered rather suitable for my expectations.
    for tomorrow I apply the 3rd layer (I plan to put 4 or 5 depending on capacity)
    and thus will be able to attack the assembly.

As it is my first time, if you have some advice, I am interested
    Things to remember? mistakes not to do?

in short, here are the first results of my Telecastor:
    don't hesitate to give me your opinion
    I'm super I'm pressed with your drawing skill love what your doing with the build definitely put it in the GOTM 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by phrozin View Post
    I'm super I'm pressed with your drawing skill love what your doing with the build definitely put it in the GOTM 👍👍
    Thx a lot
    What the GOTM ? ^^

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by qetn View Post
    Thx a lot
    What the GOTM ? ^^
    GOTM = Guitar of the Month. It is the monthly competition for completed pitbull kit guitars. This is the current open comp - https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ad.php?t=10409

Beautiful artwork.
    That is a truly stunning personal guitar.
    Well done!

I would concentrate on getting the action right first before worrying too much about the intonation as you will need to do it again anyway if you adjust the bridge or nut.
    If you are getting F# rather than F at the first fret then it could be that the nut is still too high which means you stretch the string too much to get it down to the fret.
    Intonation is always an approximation on a string instrument as any note other than an open string involves stretching the string slightly.
    Good luck.

Cheers
    Ricky

Merci pour vos encouragement et conseil
    J'ai grandement limer le sillet de tête (presque 2mm )et ce qui a résolue mes problème d'action (un peut moins d'1mm a la première frette et environ 2mm a la 12eme frette) ce qui me semble plutôt pas mal, et l'intonation c'est grandement améliorer (j'ai retrouver un FA présque parfait
    quand a la corde de SOL qui vibrer, j'ai finit part trouver le problème : le trussroad était détendu au maximum et vibrer lors de la vibration de la corde ^^
    quelques léger frizz persiste mais rien ne s'entend lorsqu'elle est brancher et je suis agréablement surpris de son confort de jeux
    Je vais jouer avec quelques jour avant de remettre les mains dedans

Petite question tout de même :
    J'ai commander en supplément un sillet de tête en os qui me sembler de meilleur manufacture que celui en plastique monté d'origine.
    Cependant, le radius n'est pas le même : il est en pentes avec des graves beaucoup plus hautes que les aigues, c'est grave docteur ?
    j'hésite a le monté du-coup :/

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your encouragement and advice
    I greatly file the head nut (almost 2mm: o) and what solved my action problem (a little less than 1mm at the first fret and about 2mm at the 12th fret) which seems rather not badly, and intonation is greatly improved (I found an F almost perfect
    when the SOL rope vibrating, I finally found the problem: the trussroad was relaxed to the maximum and vibrate when the rope was vibrated ^^
    some slight frizz persists but nothing can be heard when it is plugged in and I am pleasantly surprised by its playing comfort
    I'm going to play with it for a few days before putting my hands back in

Small question all the same:
    I also ordered a bone head nut which seemed to me to be of better quality than the original plastic one.
    However, the radius is not the same: it is on slopes with bass much higher than acute, is it serious doctor?
    I hesitate to mount it suddenly: /

Try this you tube vid for filing the nut.
    OK, I know it is a Fender vid but the process is the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=racmaWTYvNg

Cheers
    Ricky

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast