Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Sunny Devon UK

Hi from Sunny Devon UK

I have just bought the GSJ-1, SG junior so will be waiting a couple of weeks at least.
    For the lockdown I got a Gear 4 Music lp junior which had dodgy wiring so was sent a new one.
    I have nearly finished them both but am not sure of the paulownia bodys and wanted mahogany body and neck.
    How easy is it to post on here as I normally struggle on forums?!

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.303 View Post
    I have just bought the GSJ-1, SG junior so will be waiting a couple of weeks at least.
    For the lockdown I got a Gear 4 Music lp junior which had dodgy wiring so was sent a new one.
    I have nearly finished them both but am not sure of the paulownia bodys and wanted mahogany body and neck.
    How easy is it to post on here as I normally struggle on forums?!
    Welcome along J.R.303. We look forward to seeing your build progress. It's super easy to post on here. You managed it no problems.

Sounds like your a sucker for junior style guitars, I can't blame you mate. I certainly am too

Yes I'm starting to be.
    It's pics I have trouble with. Getting photos from phone to laptop and then finding them is the trouble.
    I wonder if I can log in on my phone then just attach a photo that way.Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.303 View Post
    Yes I'm starting to be.
    It's pics I have trouble with. Getting photos from phone to laptop and then finding them is the trouble.
    I wonder if I can log in on my phone then just attach a photo that way.Anyone?
    I haven't done it, but I am pretty sure the Tapatalk app can do that.

Yep, I personally use Tapatalk and it's a breeze to navigate and upload photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Yep, I personally use Tapatalk and it's a breeze to navigate and upload photos.
    That sounds better than my current process: take photo with phone, download to PC from Google Photos, resize, crop, and edit in Paint.net, then upload to a post. Uggh!

Sunny Devon? Not at the moment (or at least, not for long)!

Hi and welcome.

I've also got a GSJ-1 coming, and that's destined for a mate of mine down in Brixham once built. I've also got a GSM-1 for myself, to be made at the same time. I ordered mine 12 days ago, and it's only just arrived in the country. It normally takes 2-3 days at most, so Auspost are running very slowly because of CV-19. Then got to wait for it to be processed by customs before the PO get their hands on it and let you know it's here and awaiting the VAT and duty payment. Which is normally 7-10 days, though again, that may take longer. So ATM, probably 3-4 weeks, but it may be sooner.

Thanks all.
    Tapatalk it is then.
    I,ve stayed in Brixham twice in the last six months, small world.
    In the original post I meant to say I struggled to post pics with my laptop......Doh!

Welcome to the forum JR. Last time I was in Devon was NYE 1994. Bideford actually.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB