Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Headphones and valve / tube amps

I wonder if this is what they call a ‘mid life crisis,’ lol! I think the next thing on the list is the Two Notes C.A.B. M. That combo would be quite a bit more than I thought I would spend, but the CAB M not only has the cabinet simulation, it also has independent reverb, equalization (equalisation down under??), dedicated headphone out, etc.

The whole rig would be tiny and light, and play nicely with my headphones, headphone amp, and powered studio monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Garfield View Post
    I wonder if this is what they call a ‘mid life crisis,’ lol! I think the next thing on the list is the Two Notes C.A.B. M. That combo would be quite a bit more than I thought I would spend, but the CAB M not only has the cabinet simulation, it also has independent reverb, equalization (equalisation down under??), dedicated headphone out, etc.

The whole rig would be tiny and light, and play nicely with my headphones, headphone amp, and powered studio monitors.
    I thought it was called GAS

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

3. Liked by: Joe Garfield

Whew, thanks Doc! I’m glad it’s nothing serious!

Whew, thanks Doc! I’m glad it’s nothing serious!
    Oh, it can get pretty serious. And there is no known cure.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35682C8F-99F9-4338-BC84-2EF4D6D5E005.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	34861

(I know, I’m not that kind of artist!)

7. Liked by: jugglindan

Name:	35682C8F-99F9-4338-BC84-2EF4D6D5E005.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	34861

(I know, I’m not that kind of artist!)
    That would be cheaper than severe GAS. Original Klon and a Dumble amp anyone?

9. Liked by: Joe Garfield

Reading through this thread was bringing on a case of GAS.

I spend most of my guitar playing through headphones as I have partner that's allergic to the sound of
    somebody trying to improve their lot.
    After marching through several youtube reviews I was concerned that the sound I want required the spending of hard-earned cash.

Today I decided to dial in the best sound possible on my el-cheapo NU-X PG-2.
    I then set my Vox Pathfinder 10 dials to half way ...except the volume (I'm not suicidal).
    Voila!! my GAS is cured!

Name:	VoxNux.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	623.2 KB 
ID:	34865

cheers, Mark

11. Liked by: Joe Garfield

While we’re confessing...

I basically haven’t touched a guitar in years, don’t even own any, but I have 3 kits + accessories on the way, am building workshop and jigs, buying tools, and now buying pedals, lol. But that said, I’m a craftsman at heart, traded my old guitars for a piano, and have been studying theory. So it’s not random, just sudden.

My first guitar was a compromise, and pretty much every purchase for the next 15 years was a compromise. I eventually got tired of the compromises so I took a break. I wasn’t going to get back in until I could justify a PRS Hollowbody (hence the theory), but being a craftsman, once I found the similar PitBull kit I’m all in.

Hi, I’m Joe, and I’m a gear-o-holiic.
    Last edited by Joe Garfield; 03-05-2020 at 03:40 PM.

While we’re confessing...

I basically haven’t touched a guitar in years, don’t even own any, but I have 3 kits + accessories on the way, am building workshop and jigs, buying tools, and now buying pedals, lol. But that said, I’m a craftsman at heart, traded my old guitars for a piano, and have been studying theory. So it’s not random, just sudden.

Hi, I’m Joe, and I’m a gear-o-holiic.
    Nothing wrong with that. I once realised that I don't have new hobbies, just old ones that have rotated back into active duty.

Thanks, It helps!

These past couple years I’ve started to realize the same thing. I’ll never give up my tools, some form of music equipment, my golf clubs, and my dive gear. Tools since I could hold a flashlight, and music and golf since high school. Diving since I moved to where it’s warm

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast