Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My first PB build - ES-1GT with modifications

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    Problem solved.

cheers Mark.
    Except it's at Jim C's house (or maybe even his workshop), so at least 40 miles away and unobtainable at the moment with the travel restrictions.

I found these at Mouser. They fit nicely into my ES 335 type body through the f-hole (at least as nicely as anything else).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bourns.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	34686

They are not too deep, so you can get the coil cut if that's what you want...and it's what I used them for.

I almost always prefer the solid shafts, but I won't use anything else on an ES (again) because of the danger of pulling out the shaft when you try to get a stuck knob off.

You'd need to widen your hole a little, but at least the longer shaft length will help you get the nut on...the wood top is thicker than a pickguard which makes short shafts a pain.

4. Liked by: Joe Garfield

Thanks Fender!
    That is exactly what I ordered yesterday from RS Components except mine are the 500A2 variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thanks Fender!
    That is exactly what I ordered yesterday from RS Components except mine are the 500A2 variant.
    Oops, photo is right but the model # is wrong. It should be the 504A2 variant for 500K.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

@simon Barden nice catch re: pots fitting in the F-holes, that’s the one thing I forgot about. Thanks for catching that before OP ordered what I suggested! And sorry about that, Ricky.

I used push-pull pots on a Korean copy of a PRS Hollowbody and it worked out fine, but I might have had more depth and used the narrower pots. It was a long time ago so I forget.

Hey Ricky IDK if you decided on a wiring scheme yet, but I ordered Entwistle Pups and they came with this wiring sheet:
    http://www.entwistlepickups.com/asse...r%20wiring.pdf

It has a scheme for a ‘better single coil sound’ using a capacitor instead of a resistor. Entwistle has been designing pups for a long time and makes them OEM for some major guitar co’s so I have pretty good confidence in and will be using it.

Thanks Joe.
    No probs on the pots - I had already decided on the slimline pots and have ordered them from RSComponents (see earlier mail).

Good spot on the wiring. I will stick it in my library and choose which method when I get the kit and all the bits together.

10. Liked by: Joe Garfield

Woo Hoo!
    Guitar kit has arrived in UK and awaiting customs clearance.

2 weeks from shipment is not too bad considering the current situation I think.

Awesome! Yeah I agree, 2 weeks to get a kit from Australia to UK isn't so bad all things considering. It's a hard wait though - I had no idea how excited I'd be waiting for this first kit!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast