Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Andy40's 5E3 Scratch Build

Very cool, they sound a bit like the Chats that sunny coast band. What a cool rehearsal space.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Very cool, they sound a bit like the Chats that sunny coast band. What a cool rehearsal space.
    Thanks mate. It's a 20 x 30ft shed on a normal size block behind our house. Just half the shed. Sound proofed it with that wool stuff from bunnings and plastered it. Does the job..

Wouldn't mind getting myself some woodworking gear like yours but I'd only get myself more strife then I usually do building something..

Quote Originally Posted by Rodc View Post
    I love what you've done Andy.! Very impressive! And those corner joints...some work in those..
    I bought a Vox AC30 to replace my old Marshall 8080 earlier this year. I love the sound of full valve. The guitarist in my sons band uses it (14 yrs olds) and they love it.
    I second that, there's nothing like the sound of an all valve guitar amplifier, my 180 Watts RMS Fender Super Twin still sounds great, and that's 180 Watts RMS of clean valve power, it takes pedals pretty well too, still can't believe I scored it for only Au$300.00, it was a case of being at the right place, at the right time, my Marshall MA100C amp is all valve too, I love both of those two amps to bits.

To my ears, an all valve amp sounds more dynamic, that is, it seems to respond better to your picking, pick softly and it responds likewise, but as you pick harder it gets noticeably louder.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 21-06-2020 at 10:18 AM.

I like your amp, but I’m almost more impressed that there are still 14 year olds that think ZZ Top is cool!

I love the tolex that's on the amp Andy40, definitely gives it a cool vibe, I'm seriously thinking of putting some tolex on my 50 Watt Soldano amp head build, it's got some green pool table felt on it at the moment, but it's getting a bit tatty and it's a bit of an eye sore, it also needs some new chrome corner protectors as well, I've had to put my money towards a few other things so I haven't had much of a chance to do any more work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodc View Post
    Nice, good to see kids playing real instruments.

( Ray Hoff seems to have found the fountain of youth )

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Nice, good to see kids playing real instruments.

( Ray Hoff seems to have found the fountain of youth )
    Funny you should say that Dave. Someone mentioned Ray on Facebook yesterday when they saw The Offbeats name. We had never heard of him before that.
    Jack named the band (my son on drums) so it was related to The Easybeats. Snowy Fleet the drummer from The Easybeats has been a online type mentor for Jack. He’s giving Jack great support and helped him with decisions with getting the band together ect. Sno and Maureen have been fantastic!

That's a serious pedigree for a musical mentor!
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Wasn't having a go, just figured there'd be enough Aussie old farts on here to remember the band. (Yeah I guess I'm getting effing old)

Having Snowy Fleet as a mentor is a gift a young drummer could hardly dream of.

I love seeing kids getting into making music, gives us all hope for the future

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Wasn't having a go, just figured there'd be enough Aussie old farts on here to remember the band. (Yeah I guess I'm getting effing old)

Having Snowy Fleet as a mentor is a gift a young drummer could hardly dream of.

I love seeing kids getting into making music, gives us all hope for the future
    Thanks Dave, I had a look Ray Hoffs history. He was a pioneer of Aussie music in his own way. I must get the young bloke to ask Snowy if he remembered hearing about Ray next time he’s chatting to him online.
    Thanks guys. Meanwhile back to Andy’s amp..😉

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8