Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: My First Build: Which Red Is The Best Red?

Hey folks, long time no see.

Been really occupied with all sorts of things but I've finally gotten to the final stage of the build but I've got 2 questions...

1, does anyone have the electrical diagram for the "triple humbucker, 2 tone, 2 volume 3 way switch" setup? I can't seem to find it on the website. I can't find any AG diagram on the website actually...

Also, I've stripped one of the screws for the humbucker but I can't for the life of me find a suitable replacement at Bunnings. Any recommendations?

Thanks, guys!

See this recent thread for various 3-pickup wiring diagrams.

https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ad.php?t=10660

You'll need to get a different selector switch to do the Gibson style wiring, but you can do a 3-volume + master tone arrangement with the kit one using the Seymour Duncan wiring diagram arrangement. And there are more options if you get a Free-Way six-position switch.
    Realparts have a selection of humbucker mounting screws (you'll want the metric ones)
    https://www.realparts.com.au/screws-...s-springs.html

Though they are the sort of thing you should easily find on eBay or Amazon. Size 3mm x 24.5mm (or M3 x 1"). The US pickup manufacturers tend to use imperial threads, so avoid mounting screws designed for for Gibson, DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan humbuckers.

Simon to the bloody rescue again.

Cheers, mate!!! I'll look into it.

Hey Simon!

I'm having trouble following any of the wiring diagrams I've been looking at, because none of them line up with the prewired pot/switch harness in front of me. I have two A500K pots with resistors (Tone pots?) and two B500K pots (volume, right?). The A500s are grounded to the B500s, which are grounded to the 3 way switch, which is (finally) grounded to the sleeve of the output jack.

One of the pots with a capacitor has a stray ground wire.

The diagram I'm working with (https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...m4Pot%20v5.pdf) seems to align to my pot/switch combo but there only two pickups, whereas I have three humbuckers!

A few questions:

- Shouldnt I have 3 volume, and 1 tone pot?
    - If so, why is there a capacitor on the other A500 pot?
    - Can I convert one of the A500s to a volume pot by removing the capacitor?
    - More importantly... is anyone able to draw me simple wiring diagram for a 3 humbucker / 4 pot / 3 pos switch setup?

Thank you in advance!

There's certainly a mismatch with the pot selection and the supplied selector switch. I expect the factory have just put in the standard AG wiring kit set, which really isn't good enough IMO. You can do 3 volume 1 tone (as per the Seymour Duncan wiring Diagram) with the supplied selector switch (but you'll need to swap out one of the linear pots for a new log pot), or you can do the original Gibson way with two volume and two tone pots, but you'll need a new selector switch to do it that way. Personally I'd moan to Pit Bull about it. It really isn't good enough.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6