Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Aion Electronics Aurora Pedal

I have done that to the finish on a pedal as well. I always drill before painting now.

Noise when raising the sustain knob (lowering the signal level threshold required for the compressor to act on a signal) is expected. Drop the threshold too far and you start amplifying the noise.

Lot's of my builds have switches and other mods that I rarely use. But they still let me find the options I like, as you have done. On my stripboard builds I have taken to socketing critical components instead.

Is it officially finished now? I know it's harder to answer the "how does it sound?" question with a compressor, so I will ask a different question? Do you like it? Or too early to tell?

DC
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Mentor
    Given that I'm hardly much of a guitar player haha yes I like it. I'm going to be very curious to plug the Rick build into it when I finish that because that was really what I built the pedal for.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Can't you change the other cap values to be more akin to the one you like?

And compressors will amplify any noise upstream of it once you start lowering the threshold and the electronics auto-adding make-up gain. It's just the way compressors work.

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Can't you change the other cap values to be more akin to the one you like?
    Yep that's exactly what I will probably do at some stage.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9