Thread: Neck for LP style body

Neck for LP style body

I have an LP body which is designed for a bolt on neck and am looking for a suitable neck to use on it. Most of the necks I see advertised have a lower profile at the joint, designed for setting rather than bolt on. I guess I could add a shim, but is that an easy DIY option for someone without a woodworking background nor many woodworking tools? Alternatively, does anyone know where I could buy a bolt on neck?
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

In the necks area of the pit bull shop there are bolt on lp style necks.
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/guitar-necks/
    Tony

Just avoid the 24-fret necks as you'll need a body built with an appropriate extended heel rout to fit them (and the humbucker routs closer together), otherwise the bridge position will be out by 20mm or so. Stick to 22-fret necks unless you know your body is built for a 24-fret neck

Quote Originally Posted by vh2580 View Post
    In the necks area of the pit bull shop there are bolt on lp style necks.
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/guitar-necks/
    Thanks. I thought they'd stopped carrying LP style stuff.
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Just avoid the 24-fret necks as you'll need a body built with an appropriate extended heel rout to fit them (and the humbucker routs closer together), otherwise the bridge position will be out by 20mm or so. Stick to 22-fret necks unless you know your body is built for a 24-fret neck
    I wondered about that and was planning on doing a 22 fret neck to avoid any problems.

Looking at the photos of the pitbull bolt on necks it's hard to tell whether they are deep enough to fit this body. I'll try to take a photo and post tomorrow to make it clearer.