Thread: BASS: Rear Routs and Spector/Warwick

BASS: Rear Routs and Spector/Warwick

Hey all, new to the forums and building my own gear but I'd love to throw some ideas out.

I just completed my first build: DJB-4 JBass. It has a wonderful Ash grain and it was a shame to have to use any pick guard at all. I'd like to see J and P bass kits with back routs to open up the option. I'm not too picky as for overall style. I do plan on making a fretless soonish and I'd like to leave it as clean as possible in the front.

Next, I'd like to suggest a Warwick Streamer or Spector NS style kit. I know these are highly litigious companies and there would be likely be the need to really bend the kit to avoid lawsuits. Probably too much risk honestly. Maybe a fairly accurate top-down kit (without the famous body contouring) would allow a patient DIY builder to carve the hardest bit by hand?

Either way, I realise I can't have everything I want, I might just need to invest in a quality rasp/file set and some finger planers to make my dream bass. Cheers to PitBull regardless!

-Squigs

Any more bass kit options is a win in my books! 😁
    The name says it all!

I agree, rear routs for at least some of the J/P kits would be great. I think the zebrawood kits would look great with surface mounted pots (and maybe a side plug). Bonus points if the cavity can be made big enough to fit active electronics and battery (or batteries).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk