Thread: My first build from France

My first build from France

Here we are, my DIY guitar kit has arrived, and now things are getting serious, I don't remember what is the exact model but it's the Ibanez-like with the cool leaves on the neck. Hope I'm not gonna ruined everything and it will go well 👍

Welcome! The model would be the SV-1, they are a great kit to build.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Thanks you ! Yeah it's the right model, I chose it because it look reallllllllllly cool and it was one of the easiest build because a lot of things are already wired and this kind of things. I started some hours ago and I am really taking my time, I'm not an English speaker so the instructions are a bit hard to understand with all the technical words, and also I'm only 15 years old so I'm not really comfortable with crafting and buildings things that requires precision and special techniques. I'll be asking some questions probably very soon

4. Liked by: Cliff Rogers, WTL

Good for you. 👍
    Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Vald3ums View Post
    Thanks you ! Yeah it's the right model, I chose it because it look reallllllllllly cool and it was one of the easiest build because a lot of things are already wired and this kind of things. I started some hours ago and I am really taking my time, I'm not an English speaker so the instructions are a bit hard to understand with all the technical words, and also I'm only 15 years old so I'm not really comfortable with crafting and buildings things that requires precision and special techniques. I'll be asking some questions probably very soon
    Ask as many questions as you need, the only silly question, is the one you don’t ask before you try something that goes horribly wrong.
    The experienced builders and those who have done the kit you have will happily lend answers and advice for your build. This forum is very supportive and instructive, all present like to help especially to less experienced builders.

one piece of advice you will get is Sand, sand, sand and then when you think you have sanded enough, sand some more!
    For your kit, the big trouble spot is usually the hand hold or “Monkey Grip” at the top of the body. This takes much patience and some similar sized sanding cauls to get rid of any machine marks.

best of luck for your build!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Welcome Vald3ums
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

By the way, thanks a lot for the welcoming and support 👍

Day #2

Ok, so I had to do a bit of sanding on the neck to make it fit in the body. I went to the point where you need to tie the both E strings. Because this is a Floyd Rose, I had to watch a few videos but I managed to do it.
    I hope I haven't spoil the strings but for the time being, everything went well, I guess 😂.

I would love to upload photos but didn't find how to do it 🤔.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your build.
    Eugene.
    First Build: IB-4
    Second Build: DHB-5
    Third Build: ESB-4
    Forth Build:GBJ-4