Thread: GR-1SF nylon string modification.

GR-1SF nylon string modification.

I had more, but apparently I have no video editing skills. You’ve been spared!
    Straight into my electric guitar amp
    Forgive my stage fright.
    https://youtu.be/mTEP_OOGhuw

And because Pit Bull asked for it...the dirty channel.
    https://youtu.be/nrM5lWiNUnQ

Loved the first and less said about the 2nd the better, not because of the playing but this object of beauty shouldn't be subjected to that sort of punishment.

I'd love to hear Nature Boy played with thumb and fingers rather that pick, it would make it so much more gentle which is what that song is.

Marty Rhone did a nice version about two lifetimes ago, saw him do it live supporting The Searchers and Max Merritt maybe at the old Commemorative Pavilion where the first Stones tour played, they were booked to support Roy Orbison but by the time they got here the roles were reversed, New Beats were also on the Stones tour

Chuck a video camera in front of you as you play a few different sounds (clean and dirty) so we can hear how it sounds.

The dirty clip was more for a laugh than anything else, but I do like the way it feedbacks.
    Dave.king1, my personi favourite sound is single note with pick. The accompanying chords were finger style. If I get a chance I might upload a clip of finger picking.
    Thanks, Simon. I have played through an acoustic amp with and without a ‘bender’ acoustic pedal, which does sound better than my practice Marshall.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Awesome work, very cool guitar. Always daunting recording demos, you did well.

Also, from a punk perspective I don't mind the dirty channel at all, sounds way better than I expect it to.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Awesome work, very cool guitar. Always daunting recording demos, you did well.

Also, from a punk perspective I don't mind the dirty channel at all, sounds way better than I expect it to.
    I swear, I’m a better guitarist when I’m not recording myself.
    I agree. Other guitars may sound better on the dirty channel, but considering it’s nylon string, my expectations were lower.

Here is me effectively socially isolating myself with some country style finger picking. I think I’ve got to convince Mrs DarkMark for the need of an acoustic amp.
    https://youtu.be/qQ76HPWDFbI

Tell her it would be best to keep yourself isolated and the postie can bring it to you. That's really being very responsible in these current times.