Thread: My First Build the IB-4 Bass

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb My First Build the IB-4 Bass

Hi all I have just brought all of my stuff needed and the bass kit for the IB-4 bass guitar, now the wait for it to arrive .

I have decided to do it in a DingoTone sunburst of Black, Tobacco and COOLANGATTA GOLD for the highlights so the front and back and neck/stock will be in the gold blended into a warm Tobacco into the black on the edges only trying to keep as much on the grain as possible. I am also thinking of converting it to fretless as well, I have an old PB base that I have had for years so I might set that up and convert it first to see how i go with that.
    The bass will be finished in oil and wax not in clear coat to get the natural look of the wood to punch through the dye's
    So this is my First build of many to come I do do all of my own setups for my basses so building one is the next step.

I might do the IB-5 and the 6 as well after this one trying to catch up to my wife's collection of instruments lol.
    that will take a long time as she is a bit of a collector of guitars, keybords etc.

Eugene.
    Last edited by Whizgig; 20-03-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    Eugene.
    First Build: IB-4
    Second Build: DHB-5
    Third Build: ESB-4
    Forth Build:GBJ-4