Thread: Decals?

Decals?

I have a black SG ripoff that has a pretty big blank space behind the bridge and I was thinking of putting a decal sticker there, any places I can get these for cheap in Australia?
    The name says it all!

Well - Waterslide paper is your best bet if you have access to a printer. It ain't cheap, but you can print anything you want. Transparent or white. OTOH - eh, standby posting a pic as soon as I can figure out how to get by the electronic stewards.

This isn't a PBG kit, but, this lil' bari uke is one of my favs from an art standpoint. Les Moore & the Same <=> . wanted it to look like I carved it with a pocket knife so I did. ANYWAY - this is example of decals. They work <shrug> bought em off amazon, there were are BUNCH of ELF and other stuff - stuff I've never seen in the US. http://amarkinstruments.com/#jp-carousel-265 DUDE - I have no idea why it starts at my first pic - just click once left, I was trying to show you my most humble unit, not be all that. AARGH I hate not being able to just put an image in. Click left, you don't need to click through my inventory. ANYWAY - decals are cool
    Last edited by agus; 16-03-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Seems that you are also a bass player.

P.S. thanks for the help
    The name says it all!

In Windows, for a web-based picture just right click on the image, select 'copy image location', then on the post toolbar select the insert image icon. Select from URL and deselect the 'upload image' box. You'll then display the image like so:

You can directly upload an image to the website from your computer or a website using the 'upload image' box, but there's a limit on image dimensions and file size, so you'll have to resize it so the maximum edge dimension (horizontal or vertical) is 1500 pixels and the file size is just under 1Mb.

So you then get the same picture but in a different format (you have to click on it for a bigger version):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lesmooreandthesame-1024x768.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	34133

If you access the forum using Tapatalk, that has tools to resize any picture you post.

If you try and print your own decals, then a laser printer is best, as inkjet inks come off in water, so you'll need to coat those first in a clear finish before soaking the decal.

You can't print white or metallic colours on a clear backing (unless you have special ink/toner cartridges) and pale colours don't work if they are to go on dark backgrounds either as the ink isn't opaque enough. So anything white or pale needs to go on white decal paper. And as that is basically white paper, you'll need to cut around the lettering if you just want a white or pale colour logo.

Thanks Simon, as you state, you gotta follow the instructions to burst waterslide with poly before removing it from the print. Works pretty good though.

And thanks for the posting tip. That's been irritating regarding the site.

and while I'm at it, I'll add that lil' nascar rascal is my daily driver. I love it.