Thread: The Dangers of your Local Pawn Shop

The Dangers of your Local Pawn Shop

Wasn't planning on it, don't need it, but somehow I ended up with it. Not easy sneaking this in the house either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	425.4 KB 
ID:	34110

Name:	full.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	429.0 KB 
ID:	34111

Name:	paper.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	34112

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	360.7 KB 
ID:	34113
    #1 LP1-SS
    #2 Non PB Vintage Strat Rebuild
    #3 TL1 - Custom
    #4 ES-12G (now converted to ES-1)
    #5 RC4
    #6 STA-1HT
    #7 Non PB 52 Tele replica
    #8 Coming Soon: 1970's Japanese Les Paul Special Resto.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

I have a couple of pawn shop Strats & an acoustic dreadnought, nothing over $90AU, great project guitars.
    Cliff

Nice catch right there, a guitar is a bit easier to get past the minister of war and finance than the race car I brought home the other week, Fisher Fury if you wish to google ( because just one isn't enough )

Back in the 1960s I got my L Series PBass and S2 Fender VI from Elliots pawn shop in Sydney, both the pawn shop and guitars are long gone
    Last edited by dave.king1; 14-03-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Nice catch right there, a guitar is a bit easier to get past the minister of war and finance than the race car I brought home the other week, Fisher Fury if you wish to google ( because just one isn't enough )

Back in the 1960s I got my L Series PBass and S2 Fender VI from Elliots pawn shop in Sydney, both the pawn shop and guitars are long gone
    Yes that is a bit of a challenge. The Triumph Daytona, and XR8 ute were a similar conundrum. Pay back was a bit expensive too, but worth it.
    #1 LP1-SS
    #3 TL1 - Custom
    #5 RC4
    #6 STA-1HT

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

5. Liked by: dave.king1

Very nice!
    Hope you got a good deal on it. G&L are great guitars. I had a Tribute Series S-500 that is still a regretted sale...

I really like the Leo's PTB system, and I'm going to wire my current (but stalled) strat build with it. I also like the "Dual Fulcrum" vibrato on those.
    I find it funny that when George & Leo started G&L, they actually started properly calling it vibrato instead of tremolo (which it's not). The whole tremolo thing is one of my pet peeves...
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Very nice find. I have friends who go mad for G+Ls but I've never yet tried one myself. Something I need to remedy.

I have an G&L ASAT bass...found it in a small music store. Never held a bass that felt better in my hand. I can understand how it got home with you. Couldn't put mine down either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    I have an G&L ASAT bass...found it in a small music store. Never held a bass that felt better in my hand. I can understand how it got home with you. Couldn't put mine down either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    I does feel just right. 8 years old and not a mark on it, think its lived in its case most if not all of its life.
    #1 LP1-SS
    #3 TL1 - Custom
    #5 RC4
    #6 STA-1HT