Thread: New from Italy

New from Italy

Hello guys

I'm Stefano from Italy, the first vinyl records I purchased in 1969 were: Abbey Road Beatles, Green River CCR, Led Zeppelin I and II, Ummagumma Pink Floyd, Santana, Tommy The Who, Stand Up Jethro Tull, Retrospective Buffulo Springfield , Every Knows this is Nowhere Neil Young and Easy Rider Sountrack.

I would have liked, at that time, to have had a guitar and learn to play it, but I didn't have the chance.

So today I decided to build myself a Tele and then a Strat, maybe you will think I'm crazy and maybe it's true .... I don't know if I'll be able to learn to play them, that's why I put beer as an avatar ........ Cheers, Sláinte.

I have read a lot in the last month around, I am sure that when I need it someone will advise me

With Friendliness, Thank you so much.

Stefano

3. Liked by: Tidus55

Welcome Stefano.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

5. Liked by: Tidus55

Stefano, what a great first post!
    From one late starter to another ... I think the idea of building a guitar and then learn to play on your own creation is fantastic.
    I look forward to following your progress.

7. Liked by: Tidus55

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Welcome aboard.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

9. Liked by: Tidus55

Welcome aboard and what a great way to spend Coronavirus! Good luck, be patient and ask questions.

11. Liked by: Tidus55

Wow, thank you very much to everyone for this warm welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ILRGuitars View Post
    Welcome aboard and what a great way to spend Coronavirus! Good luck, be patient and ask questions.
    Yes i think so. And we are making a remarkable effort to fight this virus not only in our interest but for everyone and as always we will give our best, especially our health system which is very efficient with great scientists and truly professional operators .
    I hope for the best, and wherever you are in the world I want to give you some advice do not take this situation lightly, follow all the simplest prescriptions so as not to spread it, especially young people who in spirit are more unconventional and feel a bit like superheroes (just as well as I remember being).

Quote Originally Posted by cork sniffer View Post
    Stefano, what a great first post!
    From one late starter to another ... I think the idea of building a guitar and then learn to play on your own creation is fantastic.
    I look forward to following your progress.
    As before I would like to assemble an HS Telecaster and then to follow a Gilmour Black Stratocaster

Telecaster with Humbucker on the neck and single on the bridge with a 4-way switch. I have at home, the maple neck with rosewood fretboard and the headstock mechanics. Now I am about to finish the choice of the rest, for the bridge I thought of the Wilkinson WOT02 or WOT03, the 3-saddle bridge even if it is the original one I do not like and it seems difficult to fine-tune by intonation and tune the strings, for the pick I saw some Donlis that for a fair price seem attractive to me, for the body I asked to Pitbull if is possible to have only the body of one his kits , for the electronics and soldering I don't think I have problems (I work in a company of electrical transformers) ..... later I will think how to amplify it (I could also make a clone of a Fender or Marshall type amp) ........

If I need help I will disturb you, and if you have suggestions ... do it

See you later.

Stefano

Hi Mate,

This is basically my journey. Build and learn to play - building my own guitar actually was very insightful. Good luck

14. Liked by: Tidus55

Welcome to the forum Stefano

16. Liked by: Tidus55

Welcome Stefano
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

18. Liked by: Tidus55