Thread: DHB-5, Inspired by KTone Bass?

DHB-5, Inspired by KTone Bass?

I am interested in the DHB-5 Bass kit. Does anyone know what inspired this kit? It kind of looks like a Les Paul bass of some kind. I like the fact that it is a 5 string instrument. I did find a photo of a 4 string “KTone” Bass. It seems that’s what it will look like when finished.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0F97137-B1F2-43CD-9512-9A22D46070DE.jpeg 
Views:	174 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	34084
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABCA79BB-12AA-45F6-A412-B8FD2B4941CD.jpeg 
Views:	170 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	34083  
    Last edited by MusicStudent1; 11-03-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Looks like an Ibenez artcore.
    Cliff

The K-Tone headstock shape certainly looks identical to one of the Ibanez headstock shapes first used in the 1970s, but K-Tone seem to be a newish Chinese brand. So I'd guess the kit comes from the factory that makes the K-Tone bass and may be the very same bass in unassembled form.

Undoubtedly Les Paul bass inspired, but they were either solid bodied or the semi-hollow ES version had double F-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    The K-Tone headstock shape certainly looks identical to one of the Ibanez headstock shapes first used in the 1970s, but K-Tone seem to be a newish Chinese brand. So I'd guess the kit comes from the factory that makes the K-Tone bass and may be the very same bass in unassembled form.

Undoubtedly Les Paul bass inspired, but they were either solid bodied or the semi-hollow ES version had double F-holes.
    Thanks, Simon. Thanks, Cliff. -Jim