Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Completely Innocuous LP Kit Build

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    The colour scheme is growing on me. It feels really 90's. I used to have a set of these as a kid

and of course the famous 'jazz' design (it'd be super fun if you worked this in somehow)

Always nice to see a different approach.
    Ohhh, I can see that. I dig that colour scheme on them too haha

I've got something in the works to add on top, so I'll have to pass on working that theme in this time around. Also a neat design though. Turquoise and Purple go together nicely

Just for future reference, amine leather dyes are the favoured stains of many high end luthiers.
    They are cheap, available at craft shops, concentrated and can be thinned with alcohol so it doesn't raise grain and the dye will eventually penetrate glue spots. Although it does take a bit of spot staining.

I glanced at this and and for a split second wondered what model of Vox amp that was!...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Liked by: B'Lark, wazkelly

Quote Originally Posted by SamSquare View Post
    I glanced at this and and for a split second wondered what model of Vox amp that was!...

A sliding vox

6. Liked by: B'Lark

Quote Originally Posted by Tassieaxeman View Post
    Just for future reference, amine leather dyes are the favoured stains of many high end luthiers.
    They are cheap, available at craft shops, concentrated and can be thinned with alcohol so it doesn't raise grain and the dye will eventually penetrate glue spots. Although it does take a bit of spot staining.
    Do you mean something like these? https://www.shoeproductsaustralia.co...er-dye/ANGLDYE

Definitely something to keep in mind for next time. I do like to experiment with different things, and this method caught my eye this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSquare View Post

HEH, yea I can see that. Very big amp that also keeps flies out.

Got a couple layers of just Tru-Oil on the top now, and it's really brought it to life. It's come up more of a vibrant blue now. Purple on the back also has got a couple of layers of oil too, and it's not come out quite as dark as my headless, which is nice! Pictures tomorrow when the oil's dry and the sun's out.

FWIW, I used Angelus Leather Dyes on my PRS-1TS kit and was happy with the result as well as the process.

I'm sure you're already aware, but I'll mention it anyway, Tru Oil is notorious for turning blues to green over time.
    It's well documented here and other forums. Hopefully you won't be surprised or disappointed if this happens with yours.

This is an in-progress photo of my build from 2018. Analine dye and about 8 coats of Tru Oil (IIRC):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prelim finish crop.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	34135
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

10. Liked by: B'Lark

Nice technique, but you'll probably get those pics removed (unless you remove them or blank out the rude words), as it is a family-orientated forum. You may also draw a certain company's ire towards PBG as well.

Hey Folks, please don't post Brand Name logos (or F Words), thanks.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Did I miss something???
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast