Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Scratch body experiment

Make sure you have a moisture trap in the line from the compressor to the gun,
    Yep. Got one, but mines in-line at the gun.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

In-line at the gun is a must. Moisture trap at the start of the line doesn't stop condensation forming inside the hose it just stops moisture coming from the compressor. Unless you put your hose away inside after every use and keep it in a sealed plastic bag it will develop condensation.
    I actually have both. The regulator gauge at the compressor is also a moisture trap and then I have the in-line trap at the gun just before another tiny digital regulator I use to check the pressure at the gun.
    Also I always drain the moisture from the compressor after each use. There should be a little tap underneath the tank for that.
    It should go without saying... clean your gun properly when you finish or you'll regret it next time you go to use it. And for the sake of a couple of dollars ALWAYS use those paper strainers when you fill the gun with paint. I strain my paint into a separate tin and then strain it again as it goes in the gun. A tiny bit of dried paint or some other foreign particle can ruin an otherwise perfect paint job.

Also I always drain the moisture from the compressor after each use.
    Yep, same here.

It should go without saying... clean your gun properly when you finish or you'll regret it next time you go to use it. And for the sake of a couple of dollars ALWAYS use those paper strainers when you fill the gun with paint.
    Ditto, again
    I'm ridiculously anal when it comes to cleaning my gun and airbrush. Probably because I don't use it everyday.
    I have developed a little system with small tubs that I do my cleaning in and I do the whole thing with about 250-300 mils of thinner.

I live in suburbia, so I have to be conscientious about disposal.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3