Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This is a call to all, the UK forum members..

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    It's a long way from me. It's probably easiest to get something delivered once he's there. For that sort of money, I'd suggest getting a Harley Benton from Thomann. https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbt1952.htm. It's around the AUD$200 area and will arrive via UPS in 2-3 days after ordering. Of course, being via courier, someone will need to be in when it arrives.

If there's not an initial period when your mate will be settling in and be around, my sister and niece live in Shrewsbury, which is about 20 miles away, so it may be possible for it to get delivered there if your mate could collect it, but I'd have to check first (they are coming to visit this weekend so can ask then). My niece is mainly in during the day (unfortunately due to illness) so is likely to be able to accept it.
    Thanks for that Simon, much appreciated. His dad is in Oswestry so getting a delivery address is not a problem, but thanks for the offer. The Harley Benton is a great fit for what we are after. I will discuss with the cadre.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Just an update, we went ahead and ordered the Harley Benton today. Looks to be a perfect fit for what we were after.

Now I have to maintain the appearance of ignorance until Thursday when we can spring it on him

Thanks for the help guys, particularly Simon.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2