Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Newbie ---

Quote Originally Posted by gpjt View Post
    Sadly, the measurements they do at the factory aren't perfect -- I'm a newbie like you, and as part of my build I put everything together, and found that the bridge wasn't quite straight when I used the pre-drilled holes.

So, I'm going to get some doweling (cylindrical wood that you can get from a DIY shop (loja de bricolagem)) of the same size as the pre-drilled holes, glue it in place to fill those holes, then drill new holes in the right place.

But I think I was just unlucky, perhaps I got a guitar body that was drilled by the apprentice at 5pm on Friday. Your guitar's holes might be in exactly the right place -- I certainly hope they are! But the reason to put everything together is to confirm that they are, and the reason to wait a week or so for the wood to adjust to your climate is to make sure that it has expanded as much as it is going to before making that check.
    One week for climate? Someone told me that 24h would be enough... I've opened the packages when arrived, and then put everything right back. Today was the second climate day, so according to your words, 5 more days????

Quote Originally Posted by rjmc View Post
    One week for climate? Someone told me that 24h would be enough... I've opened the packages when arrived, and then put everything right back. Today was the second climate day, so according to your words, 5 more days????
    I'll answer in your build diary thread, as I'm also a newbie, just a week or two ahead of you, and the build diary section appears to be where the experts hang out -- so they'll be able to post corrections if I get things wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2