Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Galah's first build - TLA-1F

Galah's first build - TLA-1F

Greetings from Central Vic Goldfields!

New build, hopefully a sexy Galahburst!
    Pink is not normally a colour I'd even contemplate, but my little buddy pulls it off so well, let's hope it's not a disaster.
    Grey for the outside, again not sure if I'm going to love or hate it; but I guess that's what solid colours are for, heh.

Let's see if I can post a pic or two...

Beautiful! There's the package, and my little buddy Pippio, who'll be accompanying us on the journey of course.

The Tele I already own has a belly cut, so I will happily ignore tradition, and add the very comfy mod. I suspect the finished guitar will have some heft to it, so shaving a few grams off won't hurt either.

Cheers.

Further progress work.

I'd already done a bit before first posting, so I'll show you my first two coats (stains).

Here's the back after the first coat.
    And the front...

Not as even as I'd hoped, but more even than I expected, given my experience.
    The stain I got was "Liming Pink", so I knew it would lighten the wood up, which is AND isn't a problem. The top of Pippio's head is very light, so I do need it, but I don't want the grain hidden by too much. The second stain has some red dye added.

Second stain; back -

And front -

Second coat drying now. Seems I brought a can of (liming) grey which includes varnish. Not sure if I want to apply it until after the pinks are done; but that will reduce my blending options.

Cheers.

Looks like some glue spots on the flame maple veneer mate. you might need goof off to get rid of it
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Looks like some glue spots on the flame maple veneer mate. you might need goof off to get rid of it
    Maybe it's Galah poop...
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Hi and welcome.

You'd do better moving/continuing this over in the Build Diary section as you'll get more viewers.

Galah's first build - TLA-1F

Took me a bit to find the build diary section.

I introduced Pippio in the welcome section:

Here is the Tele at present:

Looking into goof-off now, as suggested in welcome thread, (here) I have a bottle of "selleys stain remover #1", which looks to be a similar product, I'll try it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    I've actually collapsed them all into one thread under the Build Diary for simplicity and completeness sake.

Welcome along Galah - one of the previous mods and resident luthiers is now heavily involved in bird rescues here in Perth - so you're in good company as a builder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast