Thread: PSH-1 Second Build

PSH-1 Second Build

I just ordered my second guitar so this is mostly a placeholder for now. I have a PSH-1 on the way which I bought because it was in stock, but with a few changes it could be the guitar that I’ve wanted for a long time. So I just ordered a second, custom PSH-1. It also helps spread the cost of tools, practice materials, etc out over multiple projects so somehow that feels a little better too

The big changes are a) Mahogany body and b) 25.5” scale length as they should help get the tone I’m looking for. The longer scale length gives a crispness and clarity to my ears, while the mahogany body is warm and resonant. IDK how much affect it will really have but I’ll find out - hopefully it will be pronounced with the sem-hollow body. I also made other modifications: F-holes to be routed myself, 24 frets, ebony fretboard, block inlays, custom headstock, tune-o-Matic bridge, quilted veneer top.

Hopefully the experience of the first guitar (whenever it gets here!) will lead to a nicer build for the guitar I really want. And it will be fun to see how different (or similar) they play and sound.
    Last edited by Joe Garfield; 28-04-2020 at 07:56 PM.

So you ordered your second build before the first one even arrives? I love it!

And I agree, once you get the tools it's a shame to stop at one.

3. Liked by: Joe Garfield