Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Maton Super Twin refurb

Rocket surgery, you obviously haven't heard Kerry O'Keefe speaking

Referencing the circuit above the unknown PT is a Ferguson PVD105, specs exist online so finding a suitable replacement isn't difficult not that one is required.

I have written to Evacto about a turret board to replace the cracked and broken circuit board and once that is sorted I'll start ordering bits.

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Referencing the circuit above the unknown PT is a Ferguson PVD105, specs exist online so finding a suitable replacement isn't difficult not that one is required.

I have written to Evacto about a turret board to replace the cracked and broken circuit board and once that is sorted I'll start ordering bits.

Making a custom Turret board isn't that hard to do, although you do need some simple tools for installing the Turrets, last time I visited the Evatco website they had all the materials and tools in stock needed to make Turret boards, you could use the old board (it looks like a Fender-style eyelet board) as a guide, and then draw a layout on some paper, note that I have never in my whole life made a Turret board so I'm no expert, but I wouldn't mind learning how to make them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Making a custom Turret board isn't that hard to do, although you do need some simple tools for installing the Turrets, last time I visited the Evatco website they had all the materials and tools in stock needed to make Turret boards, you could use the old board (it looks like a Fender-style eyelet board) as a guide, and then draw a layout on some paper, note that I have never in my whole life made a Turret board so I'm no expert, but I wouldn't mind learning how to make them myself.
    I'm entirely with you on this, if I can design and build a car I'm sure I can copy a simple cct board that I have in front of me

It can't be that difficult, mind you I won't finish up with the rats nest that currently passes as P-P wiring

if I can design and build a car I'm sure I can copy a simple cct board that I have in front of me

It can't be that difficult,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave's Car.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	33757

cheers, Mark.

I'm entirely with you on this, if I can design and build a car I'm sure I can copy a simple cct board that I have in front of me

It can't be that difficult, mind you I won't finish up with the rats nest that currently passes as P-P wiring

Typically, the Turrets are usually spaced 3/8 inch apart, that's 1cm in metric units, so if you buy yourself a few A4 sized books of 1cm square graph paper, all you then have to do is just mark the positions of the Turrets on the graph paper with a dot (pencil them in first so you can easily erase any mistakes), yeah I agree, making a Turret board looks easy enough to do, it's just a bit time-consuming, but well worth it, components are easier to de-solder in the event one needs replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave's Car.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	33757

cheers, Mark.
    Looks like something from the 24 hours of Lemons ( sort of like the Shitbox Rally but on a circuit )

Sent an email to Evacto with some questions a week or so ago and nothing back so they won't be getting a bulk order just the couple of bits I cant get from Jaycar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4