Thread: Czech Republic - Uke -shipping

Czech Republic - Uke -shipping

Hi gang, my youngest daughter moved to Prague last week, on a 23 yr old's ambition of "doing something different." From Arkansas USA. She and 2 other like minded young ladies. They're paying for it so <shrug> what's a dad to say?

She had to leave her soprano and baritone uke's here to be thrifty on travel, but she's already bummed out from not having them to jam on. (I made her bari...)

Fedex quotes about $800usd to ship something that small from here, DHL around $400. So, for her birthday, coming up, I thought, "eh, I'll just buy her something of moderate but workable quality on Amazon.cz so she can play." probably a concert to round it out. Insane what you can and can't buy.

Anybody know how I could buy one for her to pick up at a price where I don't care but playable at a local guitar chain or something?

Welcome all suggestions.

If it were me, I'd buy and send her send her something from Thomann in Germany. They serve the Czech republic.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/ukuleles.html

You can change the currency to $US (prices are a bit approximate as they will vary with the exchange rate) and shipping is cheap. They normally use UPS as their final courier in the UK.

Note that Harley Benton is the Thomman own-brand, and their electrics are certainly well thought of. You also have a lot of familiar brand names to chose from.

Thanks Simon!

Simon - Thoman is *exactly* what I was looking for. Bought her a Harley Benton. I gotta say Thoman does something I haven't seen US guitar stores do - they just play audio clips. No dude talking talking talking then playing, talking, talking talking. I GREATLY appreciate the reference.

That's great!

I find that Thomann don't have as much technical info on the product as many other sites, so you often have to dig out the information elsewhere. They are very useful for some things and they are also very good with returns (if necessary). I think the product-only demos come down to being a German store supplying a large European market, so demonstration talks in just German (or English) would be of limited sales value and put some buyers off.

6. Liked by: dave.king1