Thread: pre wired Jazzmaster problem

pre wired Jazzmaster problem

I have 3 wires not attached to anything. One is probably the ground going to bridge, one I believe I broke, one I don't know where it attaches. I have pictures but can't find how to upload them. Help!

How to upload pictures

You can either upload pictures to the website (maximum 5 per post) or host elsewhere and provide a link.

To upload direct to the website you need .jpg, .jpeg, .png (or ,gif) file type photos, but you’ll probably need to reduce the picture size so that the longest edge is 1500 pixels and the overall file size is just below 1Mb.

If using a mobile or tablet, it’s best to view the forum using the Tapatalk app which has picture resizing capabilities built-in.

If using a Windows 10 computer, the standard photo viewer can resize photos. Right click on the photo and select the ‘resize’ option:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	33173

and then chose the bottom option C – ‘resize custom dimensions’.

Name:	resize 1.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	612.8 KB 
ID:	33174

Then make sure that the longest dimension is adjusted to 1500.

If the resulting file size is bigger than 1Mb, then you’ll need to repeat the above, but set the quality slider lower (works for .jpgs).

Then use the ‘upload image’ box on the forum posting toolbar:

Name:	image upload.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	33175

From the displayed action box, choose the ‘From computer’ tab, select ‘Browse’ and then find your photo (or photos) and press the ‘open’ button at the bottom right of the window.

Then select the ‘upload file(s)’ text from just below the ‘browse’ button (yes, this could be a lot clearer but it’s the standard forum software). It may take a from a few seconds to almost a minute depending on your connection speed and the response time of the website, but you’ll then get some code appearing in the posting text box something like this [ ATTACH=CONFIG]33172[/ ATTACH] (but without the extra spaces I’ve added to stop it being interpreted as code).

If nothing happens (sometimes there’s a too large a picture warning), then the picture is too large, either in dimensions or in file size.

But if the attachment text has come up, then to check you’ve got the right picture, use the ‘Go Advanced’ button at the bottom right of the text entry box and you’ll get what you’ve written so far displayed on screen, as well as the text entry box below it.

Then repeat as necessary.

You can use the ‘manage attachments’ option in the ‘go advanced’ page to upload multiple images at once, but it’s easy to make mistakes or have the pics displayed as smaller thumbnails.

To upload from a picture hosting site like Imgur, you can use the ‘insert images’ button. Then chose the ‘From URL’ tab. Copy in the web address of the image. Note that you need the location of the image, not the web page it’s on. If the address doesn’t have .jpg or .png on the end, then it’s the wrong address and it won’t work. In Win 10, right-clicking on the picture and selecting ‘copy image location’ normally works. But some hosting sites block this, so you’ll need to copy the link to the picture from their own sharing options.

Note that if the ‘Retrieve remote file and reference locally’ box is ticked, then the same image size restrictions apply. If not, the picture is linked to remotely, but unless the host site can resize the picture, the picture will display at its full pixel size and not look good on the forum page. So either resize the picture before uploading to the picture site (I find a width of 800 pixels displays well). Or use the picture host’s own resizing facilities to provide a ‘forum’ link for you to copy and paste that into the post directly without using the ‘insert images’ button.

For more than 5 pictures, you'll either have to use direct image links from a host site, or else follow on with another post.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    I would just add that if you use Imgur it generates a link you can just cut and paste into your post. (Use the BBcode for forums and message boards) it automatically resizes them for you and also using that method allows you to by pass the 5 image limit.

Run through with screen shots here

https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ead.php?t=8108

Name:	IMG_20200104_084822673 (600x800) (2).jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	33180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200104_084822673 (600x800) (3).jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	33181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200104_084844454 (600x800).jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	378.4 KB 
ID:	33182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200104_084844454 (600x800).jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	378.4 KB 
ID:	33182
    Thanks for your help,I am not wiring smart nor very computer smart either so I hope this was done correctly.I have marked wires of concern A,B,and C. I am reasonably certain A is the ground that attaches to the bridge, B I have spliced together, is that acceptable, if not what to do. C is loose and I am uncertain where it should be attached. All help is appreciated. rkyvet09