Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft are releasing a brand-new version of Windows very soon.

Microsoft are releasing a brand-new version of Windows very soon.

It's looking like Microsoft are getting ready to release a brand-new version of Windows very soon this year, they are doing some kind of big reveal event this month on the 24th, it is highly possible that the new version of Windows could be called Windows 11, I've seen a demo video of it on youtube and I like the new look of the new version of Windows, here's a link to the demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni2Bl6O07nA

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    It's looking like Microsoft are getting ready to release a brand-new version of Windows very soon this year, they are doing some kind of big reveal event this month on the 24th, it is highly possible that the new version of Windows could be called Windows 11, I've seen a demo video of it on youtube and I like the new look of the new version of Windows, here's a link to the demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni2Bl6O07nA
    So that's a new file manager? Does it come as an RPM?

Okay, it's Official!!!!

Microsoft just confirmed in their recent reveal event that they are indeed releasing a new version of Windows this year, and, it will be officially known as Windows 11!!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/wind..._H1a_Windows11

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Okay, it's Official!!!!

Microsoft just confirmed in their recent reveal event that they are indeed releasing a new version of Windows this year, and, it will be officially known as Windows 11!!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/wind..._H1a_Windows11
    Reading through the link I have a feeling of Win 8 all over again or worse Win ME

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Reading through the link I have a feeling of Win 8 all over again or worse Win ME
    The question is, does it activate the tracking chip in the covid-19 vaccination?

Okay, after watching Microsoft's reveal event on Friday last week, I downloaded a small app called PC Health, that Microsoft suggested using to check if my two computers, an Acer Aspire 5 laptop, and my studio desktop pc, would meet the requirements to run Windows 11, turns out my laptop meets the minimum requirements, but my studio desktop pc doesn't, and it apparently involves something called TPM, I also need to update the motherboard's current Bios to a UEFI type.

It is starting to look like I'm going to have to seriously look at buying a new motherboard next year, Microsoft are going to be ending Windows 10 support in 2025.

I would be very cautious of jumping onto a new OS just because it's the latest thing. There are many issues that need to be ironed out in terms of drivers etc. for many of the hardware and software especially involved in audio production. My advice would be to wait and make sure everything is 100% supported and working before jumping boat. There is plenty of time and just because an OS is "no longer supported" doesn't mean that it stops working for what we rely on it for.

What Bakersdozen said ^^^. Just because it's no longer supported doesn't mean you can't keep using it, as long as you take sensible precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by blinddrew View Post
    What Bakersdozen said ^^^. Just because it's no longer supported doesn't mean you can't keep using it, as long as you take sensible precautions.
    Precisely worded

Update:

Microsoft has officially released it's newest pc operating system, Windows 11, on the 5th of October 2021.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast