Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Build #2 - PSH

Try a dry fit, put on the bridge, put on two tuners, clamp down the neck and string the high and low e string and check the alignment of the strings on the neck. You can also check the action at the same time

Personally, I think that's borked and wouldn't even bother trying to fit the neck.
    I'm not saying it couldn't be made to work (filling, drilling, some clever finishing) but that's not the point. You just shouldn't have to do all that extra work, regardless of the price point.

I'd say send it back for a replacement, but the way things have been going, I wouldn't hold much confidence in what you'd get as a replacement. I would just get a refund if it were me.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I agree, it's off by a long way. I just don't understand how the manufacturer can stuff it up this badly. Surely they have templates?

I have contacted PBG. I'm hoping they can manage a replacement for me. I really do want to build another guitar. Also I have a bunch of parts that I have bought that need to find a body to be installed into...
    ---------------------------
    First build: TLA-1F
    Second Build: PSH-1

I’d try a test fit first. Earlier pics with the bridge in place looked a lot better than the one where you’ve drawn lines on the photo.

I’m not saying it’s not out and you may even have to enlarge one side of a pickup cavity to be able to move the pickup enough to line up nicely under the strings, but you really have to base it all on the line of the neck when fitted. It’s very easy to incorrectly extend lines from the side of the neck pockets as they are so short. The neck itself gives a much longer baseline to extend accurately from. If you’ve already done this, and just drawn on a picture of the body on its own to illustrate that, then that’s fine and I’d say that in any email to Pit Bull for clarity. If not, give it a go and you may find things are better than you thought.

I fitted the neck and while I didn't attach the two E strings I ran a straight rule down either side of the neck marking the top with a pencil. That was when it became very obvious that the holes were misaligned. The right hand side post hole lines up with the outer edge of the bridge pickup cavity. The left hand side post hole is basically centered with the outer edge of the bridge pickup cavity.

I'll do a mock build with the pickups and strings in place to double check where the centre line should be. But either way it would need the post holes redrilled or the pickup cavity rerouted from what I can see. Neither option is my idea of what a kit build should entail.
    Last edited by dbeltrami; 17-01-2022 at 04:38 PM.

PBG has been amazing. Their customer service and support is outstanding.

So the summary of the situation is that I am returning the kit and a replacement is being sent. They were really honest with me about either waiting a bit until things settle down with manufacturing or going with one of their in-stock standard PSH-1 kits.

So I have gone the latter, as I really want to get into building my second guitar.

I think I will close this thread and open a new Build thread to start again when my replacement kit arrives.

See you all again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by dbeltrami View Post
    PBG has been amazing. Their customer service and support is outstanding.

So the summary of the situation is that I am returning the kit and a replacement is being sent. They were really honest with me about either waiting a bit until things settle down with manufacturing or going with one of their in-stock standard PSH-1 kits.

So I have gone the latter, as I really want to get into building my second guitar.

I think I will close this thread and open a new Build thread to start again when my replacement kit arrives.

See you all again soon!
    Great that you got a good outcome, look forward to your new diary!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3