Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: "Blue Heeler" Bondi Blue GR-SF1: Pt1 Aspirations, Procrastinations, and Consequences

It is a weird circuit (to one used to Gibson and basic Fender wiring circuits) so takes a bit of following, but the interaction described above is no worse than the interaction you get on a Gibson LP or SG wired up the 'vintage' way, which also has the tone circuit wired to the volume pot output (as opposed to the volume pot input on more modern LPs and SGs).

The benefits of the 'vintage way' are that the tone stays pretty bright when the volume is turned down, without needing to fit a treble bleed cap+resistor set across the volume pot.

Just moving the master tone pot connection from the middle (output) lug of the master volume pot to the left hand (input and non-grounded lug) will remove the interaction, but the tone will get duller as the volume reduces unless a treble bleed kit is fitted (and I think you have one somewhere in the circuit).

Lightbulb

Thanks so much, Simon! I really appreciate your help just now ... and I saw your indirect help in my previous post. I will watch those vids!

Much gratitude from me.

Yes, two treble bleeds ... one per PUP vol pot.

GASP!!! So that's why the pot #3 terminals were folded back ... to solder to the back of the pots to earth them! Oh, more fool me. All three of my volume pots remain unearthed!

Continuing the instruction vid ... Wow! He was so economical. Many lessons. I think I will rewire after all. At the very least I have to remove it all to earth the volume pots.

Extra thanks to you, Simon.
    Last edited by Honkenstein; 29-05-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    Best regards
    Grant

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9