Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JZ-6 Build No 7

Quote Originally Posted by stansby40 View Post
    Found some craft paint in Spotlight that is very close to a Sea Foam colour and painted the guitar body using a brush. it covers very well and can be smoothed out by sanding. Ready for the clear coat.
    And it was all going so well up to now. My eyes, my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    And it was all going so well up to now. My eyes, my eyes!
    You don’t like the colour, I was trying to go for an old fender colour. It will look better with a clear coat and a tortoise shell pick guard attached at least I hope.
    Build 1 AGM-1
    Build 2 TLA-1
    Build 3 ES-3
    Build 4 TL-12F
    Build 5 ST-1

You don’t like the colour, I was trying to go for an old fender colour. It will look better with a clear coat and a tortoise shell pick guard attached at least I hope.
    I was only really standing in for FrankenWashie whilst he's taking a break from posting here. It's almost mandatory that someone here posts an anti-Seafoam Green post every time it's mentioned.

It's not my favourite colour and I certainly wouldn't get a guitar in that colour, but then I love my Daphne Blue Strat and several of my friends don't like it at all. You can't please everyone all the time.

Aah I see. I will now refer to the actual colour on the bottle which is "Sea Breeze" and will refrain from calling it Sea Foam Green. By the way its not my favourite colour either but I could not think of another single colour that would better conjure up 60's Fender guitars. Also I had not done many painted guitars and this was different trying a water based paint this time.
    Build 1 AGM-1
    Build 2 TLA-1
    Build 3 ES-3
    Build 4 TL-12F
    Build 5 ST-1

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Hey, stick to your guns! Sea Foam Green is the best and don't let any of the anit SFG gang get to you.

(It is almost a running gag on here re that colour with staunch views on both sides, but all in good fun)
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I was only really standing in for FrankenWashie whilst he's taking a break from posting here. It's almost mandatory that someone here posts an anti-Seafoam Green post every time it's mentioned.
    Your kind assistance greatly appreciated Mr. B.
    Aah I see. I will now refer to the actual colour on the bottle which is "Sea Breeze" and will refrain from calling it Sea Foam Green. By the way its not my favourite colour either but I could not think of another single colour that would better conjure up 60's Fender guitars. Also I had not done many painted guitars and this was different trying a water based paint this time.
    At the end of the day, the colour you choose is your preference, and it’s your guitar, so bollocks to we naysayers! SFG has many ardent fans and admirers, so you aren’t alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Hey, stick to your guns! Sea Foam Green is the best and don't let any of the anit SFG gang get to you.

(It is almost a running gag on here re that colour with staunch views on both sides, but all in good fun)
    Where SFG is concerned, it’s definitely a gag.🤪🤣
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Glad to see you back on the board Frankie.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Glad to see you back on the board Frankie.
    Cheers mate, been a hectic couple of months. Finally getting some sawdust made again.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

I am of the pro-SFG contingent. There are lots of variations within that family too. And then there's the whole seafoam vs surf discussion...

I do have a few questions about the paint though. I presume it is the Decoart Americana brand I see on the Spotlight website. As it is a water-based acrylic, what did you use for a primer, and what are you going to use for a clear?
    Also, in the photo, there appears to be what looks like a paint cup of a spray gun in the right of the frame. If I'm correct, why did you choose a brush?
    Lastly how was the coverage?

They have a pretty good range of colours. Looks like their Light Buttermilk could be close to Arctic White.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast