Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Build SHB-4

Cheers folks, but turns out I'm not done yet. It is noisy AF and I get about a 20dB leap in noise when I touch the strings. Need to check the continuity but also I'm not convinced the wiring diagram is completely correct.

I'm really not up to speed on the wiring side, can anyone cast an eye over this and see if there's anything remotely off?
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...pot%202017.pdf

If that's ok I can at least put it down to my soldering...

Diagram looks ok. Noise increase when you touch the strings often indicates the hot and ground are reversed on the jack.
    Scott.

Hmm. On further checking it would appear that I have managed to wire the output socket back to front. I have continuity from the back of the pots to the tip of the guitar lead.

Sweet. Nothing worse than a fault you can't trace.
    Scott.

Minimal noise, reasonable tonal range, nicely metallic if that makes sense? But definitely going to need a shim in the neck. With the saddles at their lowest the action is about 4mm or so at the 14th fret.

It looks good Drew, love the colour scheme.

I had to shim mine as well. In fact - some three months later, hopefully when everything had settled down, I took the neck off last weekend, altered the shim, taped up the neck and redid some of the frets (didn't do them properly first time round it seems!) and then did another setup. As a result it plays beautifully now. Shame about the operator!

I'm very impressed with yours, looks gorgeous. You'll be ordering another (I'm close to getting another - wondering how easy a fretless would be!).

Thanks Stuart, 3 other studio projects and the bastard guitar to do before I order another. Also (whisper it) I don't need another guitar...

When the shims arrive I'll try another polish on the top and just hope I don't tear out the finish again.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast