Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Identifying a guitar

Identifying a guitar

Hi, so I have recently been obsessed with RAT!hammock's newest single "Word of the day". In the video, the lead guitarist plays a mystery guitar and I can't figure out what it is, can someone help me out? Here is the video and there should be an image attached. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIkrCcRE5ZY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6AA3EE1-33CC-41BC-868F-62F1E40A47A3.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	37414  
    Last edited by Bit Confused; 20-09-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    The name says it all!

Looks like a strat with the middle pickup dropped and a jazzmaster/jaguar bridge tremolo fitted.

cheers, Mark.

I don't think so, it has the kind of style as one of those german solid bodies from the 60s but I'm not sure.
    The name says it all!

There is a scene where you briefly see the name on the headstock and while it's not clear enough to read it's most assuredly not Fender or Squire. I expect it's a late 60's early 70's knockoff or some kind of inexpensive modern "retro" guitar.

Not too much help there was I?

Not really, no.
    The name says it all!

FWIW I am with King on this. It all looks Fender to me but not all the same Fender. Jazzmaster trem. Body looks like a strat. Controls are like a Duo Sonic. Pickups look like strat neck and bridge. There were a bunch of 2 pup Fenders, but I could not find any with Strat bodies and Jazz master trems, so I am guessing a retrofit or a partscaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bit Confused View Post
    Not really, no.
    Well I did notice the illegible name on the headstock which has too many letters to be Fender or Squire so that's something.

The bridge looks like the pre-lawsuit MIJ guitars that were sold as Teiscos and various other brands like Silvertones and Harmonys in the States. Ditto the pickups and other bits. If it has a bar as the string tree it's a giveaway.

Simon you nailed it right down to the finish. I nominate you to be editor of the guitar section in the Encyclopedia of Rock and Roll.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast