Thread: Monkeesfan takes a giant step - my first FS-1 Electric Guitar Kit - Maple

Monkeesfan takes a giant step - my first FS-1 Electric Guitar Kit - Maple

im done. no help here. thanks for nothing
    Last edited by Monkeesfan1965; 06-02-2020 at 01:46 AM. Reason: im done. no help here. thanks for nothing

Last edited by Monkeesfan1965; 06-02-2020 at 01:50 AM. Reason: im done. no help here. thanks for nothing

Last edited by Monkeesfan1965; 06-02-2020 at 01:48 AM.

Last edited by Monkeesfan1965; 06-02-2020 at 01:49 AM.

If anyone has experience with this kit I'd welcome a friend/ mentor that I can talk to about item specific inquiries

Hi John
    I finished one of these last year and there are only two things that are specific to this kit. One is the headstock and it sounds like you have a plan for that already. The other would be fitting the trapeze tailpiece which would normally come with the kit. You have post holes drilled for a stop tailpiece, so the rest of the approach for applying finish and assembling the kit is essentially the same as any of the ES-1 variants.
    My kit had the same gap in the neck pocket as yours and with a little clamping pressure the gap went away. If yours doesn't you may want to carefully use a small flat file to square off the lower corner(s) of the neck pocket, or sandpaper if you prefer. Funnily enough had the same little hole above the binding in almost the same spot.
    Will attempt to link to my build diary.
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7401
    Have only tried to do Jimmy Page wiring once in a solid body
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	astro 31.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	349.4 KB 
ID:	33383
    and would suggest some careful planning to make sure the wires don't go across the f-hole and are as out-of-the-way as possible.
    Have a push-pull mini pot on hand and it will fit through the f-hole easily enough by itself, but once part of a wired harness will be a little more fiddly to get the lot in, but not impossible. Also make sure you have enough wire to extend the connections between the pots and to go around the f-hole as mentioned.
    Feel free to ask any question you may have, there are plenty of helpful people here.
    What colour do you have in mind?

Grant

Last edited by Monkeesfan1965; 06-02-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Last edited by Monkeesfan1965; 06-02-2020 at 01:50 AM.