Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: #3rd Custom GR-1SF ĎAnnylonationí.

  1. #41
    Mentor DarkMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Palmyra, WA
    Posts
    678
    Day 9 under cover. In a major development for the resistance the frets have been leveled and crowned. I have recruited Miss DarkMark to the cause as she wouldnít go to sleep last night, so I sat at the end of her bed and taped up the fret board so I could commence operations at 09:30 hours today. Viva La Revolution!

  2. #42
    Overlord of Music FrankenWashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Glebe, NSW
    Posts
    4,378
    As I read this the theme from Hoganís Heroes plays through my head.....
    I have too many guitars...said no guitar player. Ever. Especially not on this Forum!

  3. #43
    Mentor DarkMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Palmyra, WA
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    As I read this the theme from Hoganís Heroes plays through my head.....
    ďI see nothing. Nothing!Ē.

  4. #44
    Mentor DarkMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Palmyra, WA
    Posts
    678
    Iím thinking itís more like, ĎAllo Alloí.

  5. #45
    Overlord of Music Andy40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,463
    lol nice hiding spot
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed and upgraded
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed | Co-Winner-May 2016 GOTM | Runner up GOTY 2016
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed | Runner up Feb 2017 GOTM
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed | Co-Winner - July 2017 GOTM
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1
    Current Build #12 - ATL1SB

  6. #46
    Mentor DarkMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Palmyra, WA
    Posts
    678
    Day 15 and my activities are starting to attract attention. I must take more care.
    So Iíve bulked up the headstock to accomodate the dimensions of my design and I have a wood working question. I will add another piece of wood on the back of the headstock to create enough depth for the tuning machine. Will titebond be adequate or should I stick a dowel in near the top? Will this help with strength or do nothing at all?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG image 19.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	30309  

  7. #47
    Overlord of Music FrankenWashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Glebe, NSW
    Posts
    4,378
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
    Day 15 and my activities are starting to attract attention. I must take more care.
    So Iíve bulked up the headstock to accomodate the dimensions of my design and I have a wood working question. I will add another piece of wood on the back of the headstock to create enough depth for the tuning machine. Will titebond be adequate or should I stick a dowel in near the top? Will this help with strength or do nothing at all?
    Titebond should be fine. If the material you are adding is quite thick then a dowel at the top and near the bottom will help, but if you are adding say only a 1/8" then you just want to clamp the hell out of it and leave it for 24-48 hours. trying to add a dowel may only make life harder.
    there is probably enough surface area across that headstock to get a good bond, but you want to be sure that your surface is flat and unblemished, as is your graft material.

    Igor sends his best, and is chewing through popcorn at an alarming rate.
    I have too many guitars...said no guitar player. Ever. Especially not on this Forum!

  8. #48
    Mentor DarkMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Palmyra, WA
    Posts
    678
    Yeah, thanks. I thought it would be, but what would I know?
    Well, Iím adding about 15mm, (1/8Ē?...FW, come join us in this millennium.)
    Appreciated Igorís interest.

  9. #49
    Overlord of Music FrankenWashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Glebe, NSW
    Posts
    4,378
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
    Yeah, thanks. I thought it would be, but what would I know?
    Well, Iím adding about 15mm, (1/8Ē?...FW, come join us in this millennium.)
    Appreciated Igorís interest.
    Okay then, 3.17mm if it floats your boat!
    Is that 15mm all going on the back? How are you going to transition that added thickness down into the neck shaft?
    I have too many guitars...said no guitar player. Ever. Especially not on this Forum!

  10. #50
    Mentor DarkMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Palmyra, WA
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Okay then, 3.17mm if it floats your boat!
    Is that 15mm all going on the back? How are you going to transition that added thickness down into the neck shaft?
    Thatís a very good question and Iíll let you know when Iíve figured it out. Iíve planned as much as I can but there are aspects of the design Iíll have to figure out as I go as I get there.
    Edit: I have envisioned some kind of sloping angle/obvious point of change.
    Last edited by DarkMark; 20-03-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •