Thread: Thinline TL-1TB

Thinline TL-1TB

Hi Folks,

New here, first kit, excited, full of questions. Looking forward to some useful info and chat.

I'm using a TL-1TB as the basis for my build, but plan to make some changes along the way.

After unboxing and inspection, I've got a few questions that I can't seem to resolve from available info:

1. Simple questions:

Scale length and fretboard radius - can't find these in delivery documentation. Anyone know what they are?

2. More complex question:

The neck sits quite high in the neck pocket - I'm guessing 5-7 mm of neck maple is showing below the rosewood fretboard. I gather this is common and many people route the next pocket, but with a bigsby kit I gather the neck pocket has a breakover angle, so not quite sure how to proceed. How much neck should show and if I need to, how would I route on an angle? Is it just as easy to route square then shim?

Hopefully you smart folks can point me in the right direction...

Standard Fender 648mm/25.5" Scale length, 12" fretboard radius.

You shouldn't need to put the neck on an angle. People fit bigsbys to Teles quite often, what bridge are you going to use?

They do sit a bit high in the pocket, but not by much, they can be assembled as is and still work fine.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

OK Folks,

Scratch the simple questions. I found neck specs:

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...kits-22-frets/

25.5 inch scale, 12 inch radius

Thanks Sonic,

I was thinking the same as you.

I'll be happier if it sits a little further down, so I'll route square then shim to taste (if required to get an angle) I'll know more after I complete the pre-build bit of care in setup / prebuild

The kit came with a tune-o-matic bridge. I think these probably sit a bit higher than a traditional tele bridge, so one option is to convert over to a hard tail and grind away the back edge. Plenty of in online about that. Of course, i'll need to fill the holes where the Tune--matic posts go.

Choices, choices, choices..