PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a double-up on stain coat or am I an idiot

OliOliOliOiOiOi
16-04-2019, 07:16 PM
G'day everyone,

I'm doing my first build at the moment (exciting) and everything arrived today (even more exciting).

I'm using DT Bondi, but when I opened up the box there were two bottles of Stain Coat and one of Neck Final Coat.

Now, given I bought the body kit, and was expecting 1 x Stain, 1 x Intensifying, 1 x Final, I'm a little confused.

Have I completely cooked it, or am I right to be confused? Does Bondi just use two Stain bottles, and are the Final Coats for the Neck and Body kits the same?

Cheers,

Oli

wazkelly
16-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Hmmm, very interesting as usually there should be 1 x base, 1 x intensifier, and then 1 x top coat (clear).

Might be a good idea to post photos of all 3 bottles for others to add their thoughts.

Cheers, Waz

OliOliOliOiOiOi
17-04-2019, 06:17 AM
Hmmm, very interesting as usually there should be 1 x base, 1 x intensifier, and then 1 x top coat (clear).

Might be a good idea to post photos of all 3 bottles for others to add their thoughts.

Cheers, Waz

Here's the picture, hope that helps...

EDIT: the two Stain Coat bottles had "BB S" on the lids in chalk, which I assume means Bondi Blue Stain!

wazkelly
17-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Yep, looks like double up on the base stain and no intensifier.
Suggest you email Adam to see what he can do for you.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bakersdozen
17-04-2019, 07:18 PM
Might pay to mention you got the neck final finish rather than the final finish coat itself too. I'm not sure if they are the same .. but my neck finish was quite a small amount included, much less than the final coat from the 3 part DT kit.

Brendan
17-04-2019, 07:42 PM
I have emailed Ads and hopefully should get back pretty quick.
B

wazkelly
17-04-2019, 08:24 PM
Might pay to mention you got the neck final finish rather than the final finish coat itself too. I'm not sure if they are the same .. but my neck finish was quite a small amount included, much less than the final coat from the 3 part DT kit.

Neck final is probably a good thing from what I have experienced and also read on this forum as it seems to cure harder and better and with less dramas than traditional top coat.