PDA

View Full Version : some new kits

adam
21-03-2019, 07:42 AM
We've added some new kits you might have missed

Here's our DGM-12 (https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-dgm-12-electric-guitar-kit-mahogany-12-string/)
12 String Mahogany Body and Neck

Triple 'bucker AGM-3Q (https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/agm-3q-electric-guitar-kit/)
And AGM-3F (https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-agm-3f-electric-guitar-kit-mahogany-copy/)
Mahogany Body and Neck with Brigsby style tremolo

More new kits to be announced soon.

Sonic Mountain
21-03-2019, 07:50 AM
They look pretty nice. I'll be interested to see how people go with the transition from the veneer to the body wood.

Dedman
21-03-2019, 01:31 PM
hmmm, I don't have an SG style...........

Andy40
22-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Oh thank god it's nothing i'd die for....I can't handle any more kits right now.:eek:

FrankenWashie
22-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Oh thank god it's nothing i'd die for....I can't handle any more kits right now.:eek:

I thought exactly the same thing. And so did Igor.

Mr.Drifter
23-03-2019, 01:43 AM
Lp/ ec shapes when? :^)

Sonic Mountain
23-03-2019, 07:49 AM
The LP shapes won't be coming back afaik. They were removed due to potential litigation issues.

Andy123
23-03-2019, 04:42 PM
...and while we're badgering Adam about the return of old kits, do we have an ETA on the PBG-2?

Mr.Drifter
24-03-2019, 01:45 AM
The LP shapes won't be coming back afaik. They were removed due to potential litigation issues.

Surely you could do a slightly different hook or lower bulb size or something, or just do an ltd ec style instead?
But even then, surely if we're worried about g litigation, wouldn't we be worried about sg's, explorers, v's, etc? All token g shapes?.
I'm understanding the fear less and less as we go

CascadiaGuitarGeek
24-03-2019, 04:44 AM
Surely you could do a slightly different hook or lower bulb size or something, or just do an ltd ec style instead?
But even then, surely if we're worried about g litigation, wouldn't we be worried about sg's, explorers, v's, etc? All token g shapes?.
I'm understanding the fear less and less as we go

They could always copy the PRS version since they beat Big G in court. ;)

Sonic Mountain
24-03-2019, 05:01 AM
2 main problems. The LP shape is Gibson’s litigious focus, why they haven’t gone after the other shapes is something only they know. Secondly, it’s all very well to say, “just change the shape”, but the factories are not exactly modern or cutting edge and explaining changes via the language barrier has proved difficult in the past. I’ve had some direct experience providing design for manufacturing and learnt that there is no computer cutting or modelling used. Any deviations need to be carefully planned out via technical drawings for them to follow. After the previous back and forth I can see why Adam might be reluctant to pursue that option.

adam
24-03-2019, 06:05 PM
They look pretty nice. I'll be interested to see how people go with the transition from the veneer to the body wood.

Hey Sonic, we've had this on the AG-1F (SG-1F) for years and it's one of our biggest sellers. Fun fact, the most recent shipment of AG-1F kits, the factory forgot the flame veneer... so we have extra AG-1 kits.

adam
24-03-2019, 06:08 PM

What Sonic Mountain said, it's just safer not to sell something that is arguably protected by a Trademark. We can't afford to argue.

Plenty of other sellers offering LP kits... not as awesome as PBG, but we won't be too angry if you shop elsewhere.

adam
24-03-2019, 06:09 PM
...and while we're badgering Adam about the return of old kits, do we have an ETA on the PBG-2?

Still keen on this Andy, but I'm not confident, with the language barrier, the factory completely understands what it is we want... a PBG-2 shape with the profile (carved), neck and hardware of an LP kit.

Andy123
24-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Still keen on this Andy, but I'm not confident, with the language barrier, the factory completely understands what it is we want... a PBG-2 shape with the profile (carved), neck and hardware of an LP kit.How about a bog standard PBG-2?

adam
24-03-2019, 06:37 PM
How about a bog standard PBG-2?

Available by Custom Order at any time.

Honestly Andy, they just don't sell in enough quantity to take up space in our warehouse.

We have limited space, and budget, so we have to prioritise the kits that sell regularly.

Clearly you and I are fans of the PBG-2, but, if we held a PBG-2 fan club meet-up, we might be left talking to each other for the night. Hope you got some good stories mate.

Dedman
25-03-2019, 05:02 AM
I'd be there too, but I already have one.

Andyxlh
29-03-2019, 06:17 PM
And me! I haven't started mine yet, but can meet up for a chat as long as someone chips in for the fare...