PDA

View Full Version : Our Three Border Collies

PJSprog
22-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Our three Border Collies.
Left to right - Neve (Neh-vee) is 5 years old, Evey is 10, and Mika is 2.
My Wife is a professional dog trainer, and has always loved BCs. Smart dogs, and definitely a handful sometimes.

Sonic Mountain
22-02-2019, 03:50 AM
I can’t imagine having three. This is our 11 year old Urban chicken dog Millie. She’s mellowed a lot as she’s gotten older but is still a pretty needy dog. She does love having chooks to follow around and keep an eye on.

https://i.imgur.com/oZHdSTQ.jpg

PJSprog
22-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Awesome, SM. Her eyes still look good for an 11-year-old. Our 10-year old just went to the vet this week, and still has excellent sight (no cloudiness), but her hearing is starting to deteriorate quite a bit.

We have chickens and ducks, and all three of them love to lay at the fence and watch them go about their bird business. Our 5-year-old looses her mind when the horses on the farm next to us aren't doing what she thinks they should be doing. :rolleyes: Gotta love herding dogs.

Sonic Mountain
23-02-2019, 05:07 AM
Yeah she is starting to get a bit cloudy, but’s she in pretty reasonable shape for an older dog. She has been very low maintenance health wise, apart from getting pretty fat during a 6 month stint living with my mother in law. We semi free range the chooks so she keeps herself busy looking after them. They make a decent sheep substitute in town :)