PDA

View Full Version : ESB4 bridge backing out

agus
26-01-2019, 03:01 AM
When I tension to tune - the bridge posts are backing out of the body. Probably need a shim of some kind I reckon? I was thinking of shaving a toothpick but thought I'd ask for ideas here first.

THANKS GUYS! I gotta tell you every pro musician I've played with is "335 bass? I didn't know they made that..." only 2 out of my entire group of musician buddies had ever seen one. Excited!

Fretworn
26-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Others have had the bridge post issue on these bass bridges as well. Hopefully someone will chime in with their fix.

fender3x
04-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Still a work in progress but here is my solution. I am making it string through which you can do with these bridges. Strings are off in the pic, but the neck is attached and I did try stringing. It works, although you need to be careful to use long enough strings.29931

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

fender3x
04-02-2019, 01:10 AM
On another ESB-4 I "solved" the problem by getting rid of the 3-point and using a two point with a trapeze. This works really well, but is a pretty invasive mod.

Either approach works by using the string tension to push the bridge into the body rather than having string tension pulling it out.29932

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk