PDA

View Full Version : Decent Bridges from Ali express

Andy40
10-12-2018, 03:48 PM
If you search for "Guitarfamily" on Aliexpress these guys supply decent bridges at a decent price. and Also korean made locking tuners are also good.

No real savings on the GOTOH Bridges, but the Korean made bridges, (similar quality to Wilkinson) I have found are quality and they have shipped to me relatively quickly for an Aliexpress seller. They have not yet muffed an order from me.

I have used, tele type bridges , tune-omatic with stop tail and bigblock tremolos are good as well.

FrankenWashie
10-12-2018, 05:15 PM
There is some weird stuff on Aliexpress:

The bridges you mention look good, may be worth a look in a couple of projects time.

Andy40
11-12-2018, 02:39 AM
What the.....that's crazyness

Dedman
11-12-2018, 04:05 AM
That's where Frankie hides his failures, those were pre-Igor experiments.

Bakersdozen
11-12-2018, 04:53 AM
If you search for "Guitarfamily" on Aliexpress these guys supply decent bridges at a decent price. and Also korean made locking tuners are also good.

No real savings on the GOTOH Bridges, but the Korean made bridges, (similar quality to Wilkinson) I have found are quality and they have shipped to me relatively quickly for an Aliexpress seller. They have not yet muffed an order from me.

I have used, tele type bridges , tune-omatic with stop tail and bigblock tremolos are good as well.Andy, can you please put up a link to the locking tuners?

Bakersdozen
11-12-2018, 05:12 AM
Scrap that, i found them by searching guitar family. Thanks!!

FrankenWashie
11-12-2018, 05:14 AM
That's where Frankie hides his failures, those were pre-Igor experiments.

They weren’t failures, I just found a bunch of ways of how not to do it. Apologies to Thomas Edison.

Sonic Mountain
11-12-2018, 05:50 AM
These are intriguing..... Build your own body around one?

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29363&d=1544436844

FrankenWashie
11-12-2018, 10:58 AM
I quite like the look of 12 and 13, they look to be Piezo powered travel type guitars

Chaosblade
02-02-2020, 11:40 AM
Old thread, but on this recommendation I made a small order from GuitarFamily. Couple black nickel knobs and a toggle switch for the GS-2Q that's hopefully coming soon.

The knobs are really nice. Very hefty and feel a lot better than other cheap knobs I've gotten off Ebay. Got the 19mm*19mm*6mm since they appeared to be the highest quality based on the stock photos. The black nickel finish is similar to cosmo black, which is what I was going for.

Toggle switch came with one of the pins a little bent, very minor. Other than that it's pretty nice, feels better quality than the other toggle switch I have laying around. The nut matches the color of the knobs, and the threads and shaft are a dark bronze.

Pleased enough that I made another order with some more parts for that kit, most notably the black nickel TOM bridge+tailpiece and a jack plate, so hopefully those will be of comparable quality and match. Will probably be a while before they show up due the coronavirus shutting down most of China. Also ordered some Jin Ho/Wilkinson locking tuners in black nickel from a different well rated seller (Kaynes Musical Shopping Store) since GuitarFamily didn't have them, so hopefully those turn out as expected.

McCreed
02-02-2020, 12:51 PM
Ironically, Guitar Family is the store I ordered from a couple times last year.

I was very satisfied with the quality of parts and the shipping time was ridiculously quick.
I only ordered some pretty basic bits & sundries (bone nuts, jack plates, neck plates) but as I said the quality was good and consistent.

I also bought my fret wire bender from them and it is extremely well made and stupid cheap compared to what Stew Mac sells them for (fwiw, they look identical). And, that order was at my door in under 10 days.

I know that there are ethical considerations with buying MIC items, but my wallet/budget typically win that argument.

Bakersdozen
02-02-2020, 12:53 PM
I've had nothing but great experience with guitar family .. highly recommended. And quick!