PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect bridge hole placement-------- Removal tool

captainleeward
02-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Incorrect bridge hole placement-------- Removal tool

On several kits I have purchased from china the stud holes for the bridge have been out of alignment with the finger board, hence the strings are not aligned to the neck left or right. also the bridge is taller than necessary for the height adjustment of the strings. It is necessary to install the studs in order to see the alignment.
Now the studs are pressed fit in the holes and are difficult to remove if you need to to make adjustments for realignment with out marring the finish of the guitar face. here is the back hammer same as a dent puller.

1. As for the side to side alignment I Mill a longer oval on both sides of the bridge this will give you 1/8 inch adjustment, this has been enough for the last two guitars, or you can drill larger holes in the end pieces and file the rest.

2. As for depth of the bridge you must re-drill the holes so the insert shoulder will fit lower in the hole there by giving you a deeper hole and lower bridge, string action. to do this I use a metal step drill which will allow the stud to drop down lower.
In most cases it will be necessary to file the bottom of the bridge down 1/6 to lower it even more, I use a mill to do this but a file will work as well just takes longer.
I try not to change the neck height if at all possible but if I have to this is one reason that I screw on my necks if I need to make further shim adjustments I still can. hope this helps solve this problem for you. cheers. Cap.

If you choose to use some of my ideas please do so carefully and at your own risk.......