PDA

View Full Version : MMB-4 wiring dfiagram: where is the tone pot connected to?

Bass Guy
23-10-2018, 05:07 PM
I'm trying to decipher the PBG diagram for the MMB wiring, but I am either missing something obvious or there may be a line missing somewhere...

Simon Barden
23-10-2018, 05:40 PM
Did you read the bit at the bottom saying the plate is pre-wired so those wires aren't shown?

WeirdBits
23-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Are you using the stock PBG MM pup or something else?

The stock pup is usually shipped with the red and white series link joined, so it works as a series humbucker rather than the traditional parallel MM. If you want to follow the PBG diagram you’ll need to separate the joined red and white tips, then connect black to the 1st volume, red to the 2nd volume, and white & green & bare to ground on the the back of the pot.

Bass Guy
23-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Did you read the bit at the bottom saying the plate is pre-wired so those wires aren't shown?

Er, no I didn't!

Dufus Alert! 😂

Bass Guy
23-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Are you using the stock PBG MM pup or something else?

The stock pup is usually shipped with the red and white series link joined, so it works as a series humbucker rather than the traditional parallel MM. If you want to follow the PBG diagram you’ll need to separate the joined red and white tips, then connect black to the 1st volume, red to the 2nd volume, and white & green & bare to ground on the the back of the pot.

Awesome stuff Scott! I shall follow your advice to the very letter. Thanks, gentlemen!

WeirdBits
23-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Err I meant to add that the output ‘hot’ goes from the jack tip to the middle lug of the tone, then to the outside lug on each volume... that’s normally part of the pre-wired connections.