PDA

View Full Version : Artist bass gig bag

wazkelly
11-10-2018, 07:49 PM
If on a budget or wanting to reduce combined overall weight sometimes a decent Bass Gig Bag is all you need compared to a hard case.

There are so many on the market to choose from. So which one is better than the rest? After having bought a couple of $20 dollar cheapies for equally cheap Basses they barely provide any more than dust cover protection as the foam lining is lucky to be a few mm thick at best. When I bought a Yammy 5 string last year it was decided to upgrade to a better gig bag for it too.

After lots of online research I chose this one......ARTIST HGBAGEBASS HIGH GRADE ELECTRIC BASS BAG

https://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy/artist-hgbagebass-high-grade-electric-bass-bag/10283

It comes with Heavy duty Nylon fabric plus hard wearing rubber pads and handle and 20mm thick padding. This bag also features 4 external pockets for storing accessories.

wazkelly
11-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Will my Bass fit inside this Gig Bag?

The following shots may answer that question....

Yammy fits perfectly as does the MMB4. Explorer is way too big in every aspect whilst J Bass is a bit bottom heavy due to offset shape which also has overall length just a fraction too long, therefore not suited for J Bass.

Some nice additional touches are extra padding that folds over near the bridge, additional tougher reinforcement on the inside above where pickups might be situated, velcro strap to help tie neck down on extra thick padded section near the nut.

The main standout features for me are the 20 mm padding and it's light weight.

Highly recommend this for carrying and protecting any P Bass, MMB4, or Yammy BB sized and shaped Basses. Not going to work for offsets and odd shapes.

Cheers, Waz