PDA

View Full Version : Realtone Vintage Style 6 Saddle Telecaster Bridge

wazkelly
25-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Standard kit supplied 3 saddle Tele Bridge...

The biggest flaw in standard Tele Bridge design is 3 saddles as that forces you to compromise intonation somewhere near good enough. On this one string height was also a big issue too.

Tried one of these next....

2nd bridge used had new style Strat type saddles and they ended up having minimal for & aft plus up and down adjustment and now being used as a paper weight.

Ended up using this one and when building my 2nd Tele had no hesitation in ordering exactly the same again....

Old school 50's Ash Tray styling but not the reason I chose it as I was after the 6 individual saddles plus top load and string through options. I have not been brave enough to attempt string through just yet and aim to get around to doing that on next string change.

This bridge is well built plus affordable. Yes, there are more expensive fancy ones out there but if on a budget this works just fine and highly recommend as an essential Telecaster upgrade.

https://www.realparts.com.au/bridges-tailpieces/te-style/vintage-style-6-saddle-bridge-chrome.html

Cheers, Waz

blinddrew
26-09-2018, 04:31 AM
Thanks for that Waz, will add that to the parts list for the next project. :)