PDA

View Full Version : Review of Allparts 4 in Line Bass Tuner Set - Chrome

wazkelly
23-09-2018, 05:18 PM
This is what I would call an essential upgrade on any Bass with traditional F style elephant ear Tuners.

Unfortunately the standard kits units are not made of strong enough material for occasional use let alone regular use or gigging. From my experience I found that they were not smooth to use and tended to grab and stick when bringing a string up to pitch, and when I decided to upgrade also discovered some of the chrome plating coming off after minimal use.

The following pics were taken in March 2017 and relate to my Red J Bass.

In the second pic you can see the Real Parts tuner on the right which shows a more solid gear and enclosed shaft. 4th shot shots where chrome had started to strip off on one of the standard kit tuners, and 5th pic shows fully sealed Real Parts on the right compared to gear shaft covered by bit of plastic on the left.

wazkelly
23-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Those were the 'Before' shots, now the 'After' shots...

Best $48 plus postage ever spent on a Bass and now makes it easier to tune and also stay in tune. When building my MMB4, these were on the initial parts upgrade list and highly recommend them. On my EX5, they are a different style, still stock units and doing an OK job for now. I will see how they go over time to determine whether upgrade is required.

First shot shows one on next to standard units followed by a couple on then the lot.

Here is the Real Parts link..... https://www.realparts.com.au/tuning-machines/bass/allparts-4-in-line-bass-tuners-chrome.html for anyone wanting to check them out.

Cheers, Waz

Andyxlh
23-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Thanks Waz, I'm about to get a set of these in gold for the Imprecision Bass, as the hardware on this is getting old and I think gold might suit it better too... nice to know I'm investing well!

DrNomis_44
24-09-2018, 12:16 AM
I've got a set of those tuners on my Squire P-Bass, they have been great so far.